Thread: Dan severn interview from years back decent read for real old school mma fans

Default Dan severn interview from years back decent read for real old school mma fans

Tapout Zine: Dan The Beast Severn Interview

You are the only man to hold three UFC titles. Is 2006 going to be your last year of competition?

Within reason, I should say, the reality is I get a lot of people that ask me about that. How much longer
    can you go? I am not getting hurt, I am still winning the majority of my matches. If I had to pull out a
    number I would say I started at 36 so why not end at 46. But if some crazy monetary offer came in after
    the fact, I mean you know I would seriously have to look at that. So I gave myself some kind of
    benchmark to go for, that is how I am viewing it. I may really downsize that kind of competition all
    together. My intentions are spent more and more doing promoting and pro wrestling. My training facility I
    have been spending much more time on, and as that takes up more and more of my time, I will become
    less of a competitor.
    Dang Dan that was almost 10 years ago, guy still is a beast.

Well the reason i really started this thread was for a few things.

1st. Though he was fighting lower guys on small shows does not take away the fact this guys is a beast still at 55yo 99 - 16 - 7 at that age and only being tko/ko'd one time in over a 100 fights is nuts. I think him and royce would be a great super fight to let to great legends end the historical careers. Ufc should make it happen because we kno these guys deserve 1 last hooraah, i mean they did it for coleman why not them?

2nd. Had a question for anyone who could find me the answer, I have been looking because im a little curious to know how much the beast has been getting paid fighting for KOTC, KOTC isnt a huge show by any means but as far as i kno its a decently big show, well bigger then some of the ones i hear of and def been around a while.

Mods feel free to move if needed, just wanted to find info out.

In an attempt to answer at least one of your questions I looked around on a few other message boards and the common answer always seems to be between $500 to fight, $500 to win with main event fighters possibly earning 2k to 5k.

One guy said that he had fought in a different small org and had similar numbers.

Obviously not very reliable info but its all I could find.
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

Thread Information