+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rampage vs jon jones

Default rampage vs jon jones

who takes it?

i say page in the 3rd.. tko.
    lemme touch your feet

I think Rampage will be the one to take the title from Jones if they ever fight. Jones will not be able to muscle Rampage around like he has with everyone else and on top of that Rampage's boxing should be enough to give Jones fits in the stand-up department. One thing I did notice is that when ever Jones went for a highlight reel move against Shogun, Shogun ended up taking Jones' back. Now if that happens with Rampage, Jones is going to be a lot of trouble and probably add some points to his Southwest card.

I see Jones going for a spinning elbow, Rampage blocking and countering with a right to jaw. Rampage via KO in the 2nd.

Damn very tough fight for rampage, or anybody for that matter.

Rampage is going to have a very tough time dealing with jone's reach and excellent takedowns. But if page lands he will ko jones into tomorrow. Shogun is a better striker than rampage, but rampage has better boxing, hits hard as fuck and has a great chin.

What most of you dont understand, is when you are 6'4 and have the longest reach in MMA with the skills to back it up. It's very hard for anyone to handle.

Jones by TKO rd 3

5. Default

I'm surprized Harlem is the only one to say Rampage fails on this one.
    I see Pages failure to check kicks well to be a major problem. Once Page loses his wheels from kicks he will be a sitting duck and Jones would pick him apart. My biggest concern is does Page want to fight? The best Page has a good chance to beat Jones, but I don't foresee that Page coming out/ even taking the fight

Rampage would do everything in his power to avoid this particular fight.....word!

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    I'm surprized Harlem is the only one to say Rampage fails on this one.
    I see Pages failure to check kicks well to be a major problem. Once Page loses his wheels from kicks he will be a sitting duck and Jones would pick him apart. My biggest concern is does Page want to fight? The best Page has a good chance to beat Jones, but I don't foresee that Page coming out/ even taking the fight
    Id pick Jones for sure. Id be rooting for rampage and of course if he lands he could ko anybody but Jones size and athleticism would be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlem View Post
    What most of you dont understand, is when you are 6'4 and have the longest reach in MMA with the skills to back it up. It's very hard for anyone to handle.

Jones by TKO rd 3
    Well said and I see Jon Jones MT actually being the deciding factor in this fight which as we all know happens to be Page's Achilles heel.

Jon Jones by knee to the gut.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

9. Default

Jones beats Page via GnP

Page on his back is like a fish out of water.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

It'd be a good fight imo

Rampage looked in pretty good shape against Machida, and even though he didn't land that many clean punches, its Machida.

I could see Rampage stifling Jones' clinch game and lighting Bones up with punches and winning by tko, but at the same time Rampage isn't that fast on his feet and Jones could light him up with flashy moves and leg kicks/body kicks.
    Last edited by dbader08; 04-28-2011 at 10:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information