Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Georges St-Pierre

Default Georges St-Pierre

He has cleaned out the entire welterweight division over the course of the last 3-4 years. beating jake shields proved that no one can touch him at 170, so my question is this: do you think that GSP should stop piddling around 170 and move up to 185 or should GSP retire?

My opinion is, he should retire, because all up untill the the Vitor/Anderson fight he seemed interested in moving up to 185 to face Anderson in a superfight but after seeing Anderson front kick and KO Vitor like that he all of a sudden has no interest in moving up to 185 anymore. It might or might not be just me , but im getting tired of watching GSP jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab and the occasional takedown every fight anymore.

If he is so good at the jab and striking , he should just go to boxing or flatout retire. I will not be ordering anymore UFC PPV's where GSP is in the main event, just a waste of money watching a MMA fighter jab the whole time. i mean im one for watching a good ground game and good stand up, but for god sakes integrate them.. I honestly think that if Dana white was going to punish Anderson Silva for a few lackluster performances (ABU DABI for example) shouldnt he contemplate Punishing GSP for lackluster performances?
    Dan "The G.O.A.T." Henderson

Member of the Demian Maia fan club

Anderson VS Shogun 2012 Dana make it happen

If Silva dominates his next fight, I'm pretty sure the super fight will happen. Dana will try to make cheez before he retires.

There's no one for these guys to fight any way but themselves. GSP looked big enough to fight Silva from his fight with Shields.

Retire? Are you serious? This is getting to be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc_tim View Post
    He has cleaned out the entire welterweight division over the course of the last 3-4 years. beating jake shields proved that no one can touch him at 170, so my question is this: do you think that GSP should stop piddling around 170 and move up to 185 or should GSP retire?

My opinion is, he should retire, because all up untill the the Vitor/Anderson fight he seemed interested in moving up to 185 to face Anderson in a superfight but after seeing Anderson front kick and KO Vitor like that he all of a sudden has no interest in moving up to 185 anymore. It might or might not be just me , but im getting tired of watching GSP jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab and the occasional takedown every fight anymore.

If he is so good at the jab and striking , he should just go to boxing or flatout retire. I will not be ordering anymore UFC PPV's where GSP is in the main event, just a waste of money watching a MMA fighter jab the whole time. i mean im one for watching a good ground game and good stand up, but for god sakes integrate them.. I honestly think that if Dana white was going to punish Anderson Silva for a few lackluster performances (ABU DABI for example) shouldnt he contemplate Punishing GSP for lackluster performances?
    so if a fight card has 4 awesome fights and gsp is the main event u wont order it?
    GSP can stay at ww, and become the best ww ever. (if he isnt classified as that anyway) he can build a legacy, at ww. But if he moved up, hes risking alot, sure he could prove to be the number 1 p4p fighter in the world, or prove hes not. He could just be comfortable with the debate..

GSP has taken minimal damage throughout his career and is only 29 and has never been man handled by an opponent...Untill GSP loses a couple fights in decisive fashion or just gets old I dont see him retiring.. I say he goes till 33-34. so good 4-5 years left of him

My opinion is, he should retire,
    This is just retarded IMO..
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

hmmm. my computeris actually working now. IMO i think GSP should move up or retire. why beat the same people over and over and over instead of beating newer and bigger challenges. what would look better in a legacy: beating the same people over and over or overcoming bigger and badder challenges?

Why should he move up OR retire? Whats wrong with once in a life time fighters ripping their own divisions for as long as they can?

And he doesnt just "Jab jab jab, occasional TD" EVERY fight. Look up some fights dude and see the ass whopping hes put on the BEST in the division.

Even IF thats all he did, then why cant any other top ranked fighter stop it? Think about that for a second.

No ones forcing you to order PPVs, And if your going to let one fighter ruin a whole cards worth of fights for you then thats your lost dude. 129 is a prime example, So many awsome fights and spectacular finishes from Crane kicks to Spinning Back-fist to Flying Triangles... But you wished that you never saw any of it? C'mon.

And BTW GSP will be in the main event 98% of the cards hes on. Theres not a single fighter I dislike that much, and if there was, I doubt I would have that much hatred for the person that their fighting as well.

JMO tho, no disrespect. I understand that people will like or dislike fighters for whatever reason they have, I just felt like I needed to comment lol

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthookstcrook View Post
    Why should he move up OR retire? Whats wrong with once in a life time fighters ripping their own divisions for as long as they can?

And he doesnt just "Jab jab jab, occasional TD" EVERY fight. Look up some fights dude and see the ass whopping hes put on the BEST in the division.

Even IF thats all he did, then why cant any other top ranked fighter stop it? Think about that for a second.

No ones forcing you to order PPVs, And if your going to let one fighter ruin a whole cards worth of fights for you then thats your lost dude. 129 is a prime example, So many awsome fights and spectacular finishes from Crane kicks to Spinning Back-fist to Flying Triangles... But you wished that you never saw any of it? C'mon.

And BTW GSP will be in the main event 98% of the cards hes on. Theres not a single fighter I dislike that much, and if there was, I doubt I would have that much hatred for the person that their fighting as well.

JMO tho, no disrespect. I understand that people will like or dislike fighters for whatever reason they have, I just felt like I needed to comment lol
    i understand your point and no offense is taken, wouldnt you be bored beating people youve already beat or know you could beat? i mean if i was GSP and cleaned up the 170 division short of Nick Diaz, i would want to move on to bigger challenges. and in my opinion, i havent seen anything exciting from GSP since GSP/Hughes 3. thats my opinion. i got an idea however, since some people think that Machida has more of a 185'er frame and GSP should move up to 185, why not pit them against eachother @ 185? there both somewhat boring although i do like Machida a lot more than i do GSP.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc_tim View Post
    hmmm. my computeris actually working now. IMO i think GSP should move up or retire. why beat the same people over and over and over instead of beating newer and bigger challenges. what would look better in a legacy: beating the same people over and over or overcoming bigger and badder challenges?
    Since when is GSP beating the same ppl over and over and over?

He had a trilogy with Matt Hughes, which made sense. He fought Matt Serra in a rematch for the undisputed WW title. Fought Koscheck 2x but the first one was a #1 contender match and the 2nd was for the title. BJ Penn rematch was a superfight between 2 champs that everyone wanted to see .

He has fought many new challengers in guys like Fitch, Alves, Hardy, Shields.
    He has a few new challengers on the rise as well like Condit, Stungun, Rick Story, Jake Ellenburger. Woodley is also possible if he moves over to the UFC.

And then theres Nick Diaz. The only WW fight that makes sense for both fighters right now.

GSP is looking to move to MW someday but not till he puts on the right amount of size. The guy walks around 192lbs. He is smaller than most guys at WW. MW fighters are cutting from 205lb. Guys like Chael, Okami, Silva will dwarf him in comparison.

Your post was just fail in soo many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Since when is GSP beating the same ppl over and over and over?

He had a trilogy with Matt Hughes, which made sense. He fought Matt Serra in a rematch for the undisputed WW title. Fought Koscheck 2x but the first one was a #1 contender match and the 2nd was for the title. BJ Penn rematch was a superfight between 2 champs that everyone wanted to see .

He has fought many new challengers in guys like Fitch, Alves, Hardy, Shields.
    He has a few new challengers on the rise as well like Condit, Stungun, Rick Story, Jake Ellenburger. Woodley is also possible if he moves over to the UFC.

And then theres Nick Diaz. The only WW fight that makes sense for both fighters right now.

GSP is looking to move to MW someday but not till he puts on the right amount of size. The guy walks around 192lbs. He is smaller than most guys at WW. MW fighters are cutting from 205lb. Guys like Chael, Okami, Silva will dwarf him in comparison.

Your post was just fail in soo many ways.
    post wasnt fail, post was opinion. is there MMA law stating i cant talk about GSP lol?

Thread Information