Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overeem is ready to 'close the debate' on his ranking after a win over Werdum

Default Overeem is ready to 'close the debate' on his ranking after a win over Werdum

Strikeforce: Alistair Overeem is ready to 'close the debate' on his ranking after a win over Fabricio Werdum - MMAmania.com

by Jesse Holland

"You canít use mathematics in fighting. You have to fight the person yourself to say that you are the better man. But I have to agree that a win over Werdum will close the debate if Iím a Top 10 fighter or not. I heard him saying that Iím his son, but I don't understand what he really means. I think he means that heís superior then me, because he beat me a couple of years ago. I think itís a lost in translation thing. My main focus is on winning the Strikeforce tournament, so UFC is not on my mind right now. Iíve always stated that the Heavyweight division in Strikeforce has the best fighters and I still think so. But still, it would be foolish to say that the UFC heavyweight fighters are not good. The guys you named are all very dangerous fighters that can finish fights. Carwin has great knockout power, Brock is a great wrestler and athlete, Frank Mir improved his stand-up and has a good ground game and the champion Cain Velasquez is very durable and has great wrestling. So those fighters are world-class for sure."

If Overeem plays it smart and has nothing to do with the ground game he will TKO Werdum..

i think werdum is going to sleep in the first...

I think if Overeem just steps in the direction of most people they get knocked out.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I want to see Overeem in the ufc, i want to see him crush sum people. I think he can beat most of ufcs h/w, tho Cain offers him issues but Kongo hurt cain on the feet and i think Overeem would KO him. I think he beats brock, JDS, Carwin, BigNog and absolutly destroys Mir, Nelson, Kongo, Scwaub and just about any other h/w. Its only a matter of time before he proves the haters wrong and shows he belongs in top 10 and even top 3 h/ws in the world.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Does beating werdum make him #1? Not imo, but it will help him avenge a loss and if he wins it will be over a top10 hw.

Werdum can win this fight again, if he gets overeem down and subs him. But AA has been asking for this fight for a long time and will be very motivated. Add to that all of werdum's trash talk, AA is going to ko him...

AO will KO Werdum in the first round. He's too sick to mess around with.

i dont see werdum even getting a td, AO is a beast and threw rogers to the side like a b***h and we all kno werdum aint got good tds. AO by smashing in the 1st

I might be alone on this, But the thing about this fight is I already know that Ubereem can KO Werdum, and Werdum could sub Allistar. Its only a matter of who does what first imo.

My money is on The Reem. Werdum has never shown me great wrestling. Allistar is alot bigger then he was when they last met, and I think he'll be able to sprawl the TDs and keep it standing. Its only inevitable from there.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

More talking... Just what we need from Overeem....

Thread Information