Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overeem is ready to 'close the debate' on his ranking after a win over Werdum

Unfortunately for Werdum, this fight starts standing up.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

AO tossed Rogers like a LW,Werdum isnt getting this fight near the ground,and AO is the best striker in MMA right now,so its night night for Werdum,hes gonna have flashbacks of JDS,lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

I'm tired of trying to de-cipher your posts - that last one gave me a serious migraine. Seriously.

Anyway, Overeem will destroy Werdum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

Quote Originally Posted by AMMATank View Post
    I want to see Overeem in the ufc, i want to see him crush sum people. I think he can beat most of ufcs h/w, tho Cain offers him issues but Kongo hurt cain on the feet and i think Overeem would KO him. I think he beats brock, JDS, Carwin, BigNog and absolutly destroys Mir, Nelson, Kongo, Scwaub and just about any other h/w. Its only a matter of time before he proves the haters wrong and shows he belongs in top 10 and even top 3 h/ws in the world.
    I don't get this Overeem obsession that people have, except that some feel the need to build up fighters outside the UFC. Overeem got KO'd by Rua, Nog, and Liddell a few years back, but now that he is beating the Todd Duffy's of the world he is better than Lesnar, Dos Santos, Velasquez...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I agree with Peezy.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    I don't get this Overeem obsession that people have, except that some feel the need to build up fighters outside the UFC. Overeem got KO'd by Rua, Nog, and Liddell a few years back, but now that he is beating the Todd Duffy's of the world he is better than Lesnar, Dos Santos, Velasquez...
    First and foremost, AO got beat by those guys at LHW, years ago when his skillset wasnt as great like it is today. Plus most of the fights he lost due to gassing out from making a drastic weight cut to LHW. He was beating those guys u mentioned till his gas tank ran out.

And nobody is saying he is better than the UFC's roster of HWs. But he def has the skillset and size to beat any one of them. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    What about KOing people brutally and winning a K-1 GP? That's why I like him...

Zombie is born!

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    What about 'soccer kicks', 'foot stomps', 'knee's to a downed opponent', etc etc is considered illegal in most North American MMA organizations? That's what people seem to forget when they compare shit that happened almost a decade ago in a Yakuza owned promotion - UFC & Strikeforce isn't Pride. MMA is sanctioned in North America. This ain't Japan, cuz. And now all of a sudden 'Grim' Rogers is a Todd Duffee? Funny, because prior to his very good yet short showing against Fedor, he was considered a top 10 fighter. Actually, I think he was in the top 10 at the time. Whatever, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

Everything AO said was shockingly reasonable.

I came into the thread thinking he meant it would establish him as #1 or something crazy.

I think the idea that a win over Werdum would cement his status as a top 10 is pretty accurate. Probably not quite top 5 though.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    I think Overeem is easily a top 10 HW, maybe even as high as #5. I was responding to the guy who said Overeem would KO Velasquez, beat Lesnar, Dos Santos, Carwin, BigNog, and destroy Mir, Nelson, Kongo, and Schaub.

That is just crazy talk IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I agree with Peezy.

Thread Information