Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shogun Rua: Any top five light heavyweight is capable of beating Jon Jones

Default Shogun Rua: Any top five light heavyweight is capable of beating Jon Jones

Shogun Rua: Any top five light heavyweight is capable of beating Jon Jones - MMAmania.com

by Jesse Holland

"Lyoto is in the top five, just as Jon Jones is in the top five. Whenever you pit two top-five athletes against each other, there is no favorite. Anybody can win. The same can be said for any of the guys, like Rashad [Evans], anybody at the top of the rankings can beat each other on any given day. You can't have a favorite, especially in this weight class. Of course, I am always confident and would always bet on my game (against Jones). I always trust myself."

I agree.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

"Can" and "will" and very different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I agree with Peezy.

4. Default

I concur with Shogun. Anyone in the top 5 can beat the other 4 on any given day
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    I concur with Shogun. Anyone in the top 5 can beat the other 4 on any given day
    Except maybe Jones....just too physically gifted for the 205 division

Hey at least shogun fights whoever they put in front of him, doesn't pick his fights as champ
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

7. Default

He should add...

Except me.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Yes, the all can. Rampage, machida and rashad will be tough matchups for jones. Would they be favored though? no...

I honestly don't think anyone in the top 5 can beat Jones. Machida would have the best shot IMO

With all due respect to Shogun, Jon Jones whooped your ass! You should concentrate on avenging your loss to Forrest "The Running Man' Griffin...who is not a Top 5 LHW.
    "GSP is going to lose his welterweight championship to Jake Shields...he's not going to have one after Jake Shields is in that weight." -Chael Sonnen is WRONG AGAIN!!!

"I like Jake Shields. He's just at the wrong place, at the wrong time." -Georges "Rush" St. Pierre

Thread Information