Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UFC 130 Struggling at Box Office, only 4,500 tickets sold

Lmao working long shift sucks makes me dumb.

In paper this will probably be the worst PPV of the year.

I'm not surprised that this card is having trouble pulling in money, but I am surprised they only have 4500 tickets sold

I really dont get how some of you can sit here and say that this is a poor card. Atleast 5 of the fights on the card sound exciting and make me want to watch them. I guess I'm just hardcore fan of the sport and its the competition that thrills me and not just seeing marquee super fight match-ups.

I look forward to these FIGHTS!
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    I really dont get how some of you can sit here and say that this is a poor card. Atleast 5 of the fights on the card sound exciting and make me want to watch them. I guess I'm just hardcore fan of the sport and its the competition that thrills me and not just seeing marquee super fight match-ups.
    It's not that the fights and fighters on the card are shit.....it is that there is no title fight and no contender fight with any serious contenders (except for maybe Rampage....but even he will need at least 1 more fight before he gets a title shot)

There are a lot of mid card guys. No one exceptional.....maybe Thiago....but he's going to need probably at least 2 more fights.

Stann might get a quick easy ride to the top (that is to say, he could be given opponents who, stylistically, he would have easier matchups against....like fighting Jorge who hasn't fought in the states since 2007 and who I am sure the UFC will mention that he is a belt holder in Japan) He has improved drastically, but I don't think he will ever be a title holder, and if he gets a shot, I have a feeling it won't be pretty.

I will watch and enjoy....but on paper, I wouldn't be surprised if in one year at least a quarter of these guys won't be in the UFC....maybe closer to 40 percent.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pashak View Post
    In paper this will probably be the worst PPV of the year.
    Highly doubt it. Edgar-maynard 2 did 270k and fitch-penn did 260k. which are very low... a lot of 2006 cards did better than that...

Rampage is a bigger name and draw than edgar or maynard. That being a rematch and a title fight may have more importance, but what sells better on a sign or preview? id take rampage.

I'll be watching this event.

Roy isn't going to let Mir be boring.

Hamill's got a great chin and he's going to have it tested against Jackson's fists while trying to take him down.

Johnson vs Torres is one of those matchups that I have been wanting to see for some time.

Rick Story is finally getting one of the big names at 170. I can't wait to see how he handles Alves.

Oh, and Michael McDonald is fighting.

Thread Information