Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coach Gil Martinez: Even with one leg, Gray Maynard would've fought anyway

If Gray becomes champ he'll go down as the least favorite UFC champion ever..It's sad amazing athlete great fighter just cant finish a sandwich.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    I agree 100%. Frankie has gotten better every fight he's fought. He'll respect Gray's power next time, especially on the inside. And he'll also know that he's taken Gray's best shots and almost won. What does Gray take out of that second fight? That he can throw everything up to and including the kitchen sink at Frankie and still be lucky to emerge with a draw?
    No disrespect sir but I think its foolish to count the guy that is 1-0-1 against Frankie Edgar out against...Frankie Edgar...

Wow there is so much Gray hate on this board you'd think you had all been abused by Eeyore as children.

Am I the only one that finds it funny that people can criticize Gray for not finishing fights and then turn around and sing Frankies praises?

Gray made his debut in April 2006 since that time he has two finishes, Frankie since that time has 3 finishes. Gray was much closer to finishing Frankie than Frankie ever was to finishing Gray.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    Wow there is so much Gray hate on this board you'd think you had all been abused by Eeyore as children.

Am I the only one that finds it funny that people can criticize Gray for not finishing fights and then turn around and sing Frankies praises?

Gray made his debut in April 2006 since that time he has two finishes, Frankie since that time has 3 finishes. Gray was much closer to finishing Frankie than Frankie ever was to finishing Gray.
    ha ha ha ha ha ha, and another ha ha ha...I don't know if that counts his no contest fight against Emerson i'll assume it doesn't and say that fight in its self was one of the most impressive manuevers i've ever seen Matt Hughes worthy...also whats with all the Edgar hype he took a brutal beating Maynard had a huge energy dump after the 1st nobody really took any serious damage. So I don't know why Maynard gets trashed for just missing the finish & Edgar gets praised for barely surviving. I know its a sport so its a point system with rounds but if anybody watched that fight straight through they'd say man Maynard kicked Edgars ass until he got tired and then it was fairly even with Edgar having a slight advantage.

Frankie Edgar is a mosquito with an insatible appetite that you can't squish after he bites you. Thus, I hate him so much.

Thread Information