Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What is YOUR greatest single moment in MMA history?

Mir totally owning Big Nog is definitely my favourite. Great guy, great fighter, have to give major props to him for giving that performance when you consider where he was two years before.

Every Fedor´s victory.
    Shogun´s KO of Machida.
    Machida´s KO of Couture.
    Mirko´s victory over Barry
    Minowaman´s victory in the super hulk tournament

ufc 75
    watching hendo lose
    watching hamill get screwed over viciously by the judges
    watching cro cop lose to kongo
    Machida | Shogun | Henderson | Franklin | W. Silva| Fedor | Condit | Cote | Mousasi | Huerta | Pettis| Cro Cop | Lister | Maia | T. Griffin | Carwin | Dos Santos | F. Griffin | Irvin | Nog Brothers | Lytle | Saunders | Guida | T. Silva | Alves | Sonnen | Miller Brothers | Barboza | Stout | Aldo | Hamill| B. Henderson

GSP beating Hughes - both times, although the 2nd one was more expected.
    Rashad KTFO Liddell - I totally called it right after the first round and won money off of a bet(which had been made before the fight). Also I don't like Chuck Liddell so seeing him be knocked into oblivion was beautiful.
    Shogun KTFO Liddell - I was there live. This tool in front of us was telling his girl all night how awesome Liddell was and was basically acting like he knew everything about MMA so my buddy and I corrected him and his girl laughed in his face when Liddell went down. Plus the same Liddell hate.

UFC 61 July 2006

Dana comes out to make an announcement. Wand comes out in a Pride shirt, then Chuch comes out in a UFC shirt. It is announce after the babalu fight that these two will finally fight........................................ (to be continued in the saddest thread)

Fedor/Sylvia was incredible
    The GSP/Hughes 3 Armbar
    Wand dropping Chuck, even if briefly.

GSP v Hughes II
    GSP v Penn II
    Couture v Sylvia

I loved the GSP fights because he is my favorite fighter and because both were sort of "passing of the torch" fights in my opinion. Both were rematches and both demonstrated how a fighter can improve himself/herself with the right combination of passion, desire, and training.

I don't know if Couture v Sylvia was any defining moment in MMA history really but you need to appreciate a man of Couture's age calling out the HW champion, who is twice his size, and knocking him flat on his ass in the first 10 seconds of the fight. Of course Couture went on to win by decision. It was a great moment for me because it again showed how somebody can persevere can take matters into their own hands.

I also really enjoyed Hendo knocking out Bisping. This was more of a guilty pleasure for me, like hot fudge topping on my frozen yogurt, and I wouldn't list it above either of these other moments
    Last edited by Fear My Hammer Fist; 05-28-2011 at 07:06 PM.
    "I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure" - Clarence Darrow

I don't know if i would consider this one of my favorites, but hearing Wandy say that he wanted to fuck Chuck Liddell was kinda classic.

shogun/machida II
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information