Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is YOUR greatest single moment in MMA history?

Hughes picking up Newton, after gettin blasted in the balls, beat on and nearly choked out, and running across the ring for the slam. That was the fight that hooked me.
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by Chute_Boxe44 View Post
    There's ALOT of moments out there for me that stand out that Im sure someone will say soon enough.

-Randy dropping Timmay (very close second)
    -St. Pierre TKOing Hughes
    -Shogun KOing Machida
    -St. Pierre amped at the end of round 4 in the second BJ fight
    -Wandy rape choke on Jardine

The biggest moment for me so far in the sport has to be the entire Sonnen vs Silva fight. From start to finish I have never been so emeotionally involved in a fight. By the end of it I was actually exhausted hahaha. But what's so fucked about it is that I didn't even want Sonnen to win when it started, but me and my brother in just in awe of what we were watching we couldn't help but just scream at the TV! Of course its different watching it the second time around (as are most fights on an emotional level), but its just the feeling of watching a moment like that live is what makes MMA in my eyes the best sport on the planet.
    man you're such a jerk. First thing that popped into my head was GSP tko on Hughes. I almost cried when it happened. And then second was Sonnen v. Silva. I was actually not invested in that fight at all, but my buddies wanted to pitch in and order it so we did, and man......I couldn't stay seated the entire fight. We were watching it on my deck outside drinking beer, and everyone was sitting down accept for me in the backround pacing back and forth.....I was so into that fight it was unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Newton?
    Trigg. I said Trigg.
    LJS-NEMS

When I saw Rickson throw in the towel for Royce (after 1.5 hours of fighting) in between rounds of the Sakuraba fight in the Pride 2000 GP. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Start of the third round of the Bonnar/Griffin TUF 1 Finale fight. Both fighters exhausted, beaten, bruised and bloody. Both fighters a round up, both wanting it so fucking bad, and at the same time clearly dreading another 5 minutes of toe-to-toe slugging. And yet they both came out of their corners and put it all on the line. And then, after 15 brutal minutes spent beating seven... no eight different colours, flavours and textures of shit out of their opponent, they then went on to spend most of the post fight interviews complimenting each other.

I knew before that card that MMA was going to be a passion for me but that fight, and those moments cemented it. I wish I could say that, it was Royce Gracie at UFC 1, or Ken Shamrock in Pancrase or Fedor winining the RINGS heavyweight championship or something equally old-school that did it but I can't. It was that fight that made me a lifetime fan. And I'm proud of it.

Brandon Vera blasting Justin Eilers and then doing his dance in the middle of the octagon. I had seen a few events before that but Vera is the one who sealed me in as a fan permanently. I wish that dude would show back up...
    |
    |

(lookoutawhale original content)

I have 2 favorites...1st is Fedor getting subbed by Werdum who got cut by the UFC...funniest moment in mma ever for me. 2nd is Mark Homnick fighting with his 2nd head in the Aldo fight and how he had Aldo on the ropes that last round. Biggest heart Ive ever seen.

Honestly, my greatest MMA moment probably wasn't as much of a big deal to anyone else, but I think a picture shows it better than me describing it.

"To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Thread Information