Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 Questions with The 'Reem.

Default 15 Questions with The 'Reem.

BJPENN.COM recently caught up with Strikeforce heavyweight champion, Alistair Overeem as he prepares for his June 18th battle with Fabricio Werdum.

Having gone on an MMA tear, the big man has not lost a professional bout since 2007. Not only is he the Strikeforce champion, he also holds the Dream title and is the 2010 K-1 Grand Prix champion.

He now prepares for the first round of the Strikeforce heavyweight Grand Prix and gave us a few moments of his time to answer questions about the match and dispel rumors recently brought up surrounding his current state and future of his career.
    BJPENN.COM EXCLUSIVE: 15 Questions With “The Reem” - UFC NEWS, MMA NEWS | BJPENN.COM
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Reem vs Bigfoot..........Reem wins.

Reem is a monster. His stand up is awesome.

Is it just me or does Reem sound like one of the more thoughtful speakers in MMA? Like how he wants to see Fedor/Randy to send them both off.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Good interview,AO does come across as a well spoken,articulate guy.
    Strange that he refers to himself as the first mma fighter to win the K-1 GP when Semmy Schilt has won it four times,slight oversight on his behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolence View Post
    Good interview,AO does come across as a well spoken,articulate guy.
    Strange that he refers to himself as the first mma fighter to win the K-1 GP when Semmy Schilt has won it four times,slight oversight on his behalf.
    Schilt is a KB that transitioned into MMA..Allastair is MMA gone to kick boxing.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by WhootYouGotOwned View Post
    Schilt is a KB that transitioned into MMA..Allastair is MMA gone to kick boxing.
    exactly! Definitely different. Not to mention SS wasn't really too successful in MMA

Schilt fought in Pancrase & other promotions for along time before he fought as a pro kickboxer.
    Its fair to say he did struggle at the top level in Pride & the UFC but I'm pretty sure he won a King of Pancrase title (would have to look it up to confirm tbh). So that's a reasonable level of success.
    Last edited by Malevolence; 05-28-2011 at 02:29 AM.

awesome interview. Overeem seems like a pretty chill dude when hes not busting peoples noggins in

Glad to hear that he won´t pull out of the fight with Werdum.
    And it´s definitely true that if he beats Werdum no one will doubt anymore that he is legit Top 10 material.

Thread Information