Thread: Kendall Grove - 'I Have to Win This Fight'

Default Kendall Grove - 'I Have to Win This Fight'

UFC 130 Fight Card: Kendall Grove - 'I Have to Win This Fight' - Bloody Elbow

by Tim Burke

"I have four kids, Iím getting married soon, I just bought a house, and my family means everything to me," he said. "Iím 28 years old and Iím a local Hawaiian boy and I had my fun in my youth, but now itís time for me to settle down and do my career right, do my family right and I think one of the biggest parts of having a successful career is having a strong family base at home who supports you. Thatís what I found in the last year, when I have a strong base, itís been nothing but positive for me."

"I have to win this fight," says Grove, "Not only for my career but for myself. I want to come in here and do what I do best, utilize my reach, my elbows, my knees and my God-given talents. My Jiu Jitsu is what got me here and I think this guy is made for me. Heís a wrestler but every time heís been taken to the ground heís lost so thatís one of my strategies, but I really donít go into fight with too stringent a game plan, I play it out as it comes and Iím prepared for any situation, wherever the fight goes."

How is a JKD fighter Wrestler? No1 ever talks about Tim's wrestling abilities. Anyways I got news for Kendall he's getting KTFO. Tim's only losses have come from top calibur beast wrestlers and that is somthing Grove is not..

Too many people counting Tim out in this fights lanky man be going night night
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by WhootYouGotOwned View Post
    How is a JKD fighter Wrestler? No1 ever talks about Tim's wrestling abilities. Anyways I got news for Kendall he's getting KTFO. Tim's only losses have come from top calibur beast wrestlers and that is somthing Grove is not..

Yes! My thoughts exactly and I am praying for it. In fact I want to see him knocked out so bad that I may buy this card just to watch him laying on the floor while someone digs around him!
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by WhootYouGotOwned View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    Yes! My thoughts exactly and I am praying for it. In fact I want to see him knocked out so bad that I may buy this card just to watch him laying on the floor while someone digs around him!
    Well I hope you're both wrong and Grove makes Boestch tap or steals the win one way or another.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Rivera just overwhelmed Grove, if Tim gets in quick he could make short work of Kendall in this fight. I'm hoping Tim gets the 'W'. Kendall just never hit a stride, no mater how much he's said in the past that he's taking MMA seriously. Plus I can't forgive him for his win over Evan Tanner lol.

What a shocker. I thought he has to lose this fight.

Tim Boetsch has looked terrible in his last few fights so I don't have a lot of confidence in him right now.

i dont wanna see grove lose, he's such a talented fighter with so many tools. if tim doesnt land a big shot on grove, i can see kendal getting a late tko stoppage or sub
    1) those who agree with you are insane
    2)those who do not agree with you are in power

1)some of those in power are insane
    2)and they are right

i think kendall takes this fight pretty easily not sure why people dont like the guy, all the dagger and diggin shit is in the past now, its hard to get tito out of your system just ask jenna she knows about std's

28 Years Old with 4 Kids!
    Jesus Christ Kendall ya might wanna Pull Out every once in a while.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information