Thread: Brock Lesnar Undergoes Successful Surgery, May Return in Early 2012

1. Default Brock Lesnar Undergoes Successful Surgery, May Return in Early 2012

UFC 130 News: Brock Lesnar Undergoes Successful Surgery, May Return in Early 2012 - Bloody Elbow

As part of tonight's UFC 130 Prelims, Dana White made a big announcement regarding former UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar. According to White, Lesnar just underwent successful surgery to help clear up his medical problems. During the surgery, Brock has a twelve inch portion of his colon was removed. The surgery went well, and the UFC is now looking towards early 2012 for Brock's return fight.

This is big news for the UFC, as Brock has quickly become their biggest draw since his debut in 2008. The company is facing some lower sales numbers at their upcoming shows, so the prospect of Brock making a comeback will be a great shot in the arm.

Lesnar was set to headline UFC 131 against Junior dos Santos, but was forced to drop out of the fight when he again suffered medical complications from diverticulitis. This is the same illness that forced Brock out for nearly a year in 2009/2010.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

I honestly fucking love this guy, sincerely wishing him the best.

3. Default

I know he's at the top of the foodchain in the HW division but they need to give him 1 or 2 winnable fights. If he would of fought JDS, those 3 fights are hands down the toughest ANY fighter has had to face in a long time.

Carwin
    Cain
    JDS

YIKES.

Give him some tier 2 guys, get him on a win streak and have a huge money fight with either Cain or JDS.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Give him Nelson or maybe Rothwell for his return bout

Quote Originally Posted by xdevilhawk138x View Post
    Give him Nelson or maybe Rothwell for his return bout
    If they want Lesnar to get a W, Nelson would be a good choice. After watching Mir take Roy down with ease I don't even want to think what Brock would do to him.
    "To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I honestly fucking love this guy, sincerely wishing him the best.
    I agree with this, I've always loved Brock. Can anyone update his situation? 12 inches of colon removed.. and I thought I heard Joe/Mike say that it was repaired? Does this mean that it was put back in him?

Regardless of whether you like the guy, insane injury.. just crazy that he hasn't been able to get back to fighting condition. Might be the last of Brock in professional fighting. Sucks.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I just heard 3 gun shots.. may have been pellet guns or something but I don't know what else would have made those distinct noises. Fuck sakes.

PS. I also have to say.. Sakara=Excitement I love reading your posts but your avatar pic is fucked. lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by BlunTForcE View Post
    I agree with this, I've always loved Brock. Can anyone update his situation? 12 inches of colon removed.. and I thought I heard Joe/Mike say that it was repaired? Does this mean that it was put back in him?

Regardless of whether you like the guy, insane injury.. just crazy that he hasn't been able to get back to fighting condition. Might be the last of Brock in professional fighting. Sucks.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I just heard 3 gun shots.. may have been pellet guns or something but I don't know what else would have made those distinct noises. Fuck sakes.

PS. I also have to say.. Sakara=Excitement I love reading your posts but your avatar pic is fucked. lmfao.

They remove the section, which in his case appears to have been 12 inches, then they stitch up the intestine attaching the two ends that were cut where the section was removed from. Example (an intestine) --- (an intestine with a portion removed and then 'repaired') --
    In other words, no they didn't remove 12 inches then put it back in.

But yeah, I had a friend back in grade school whos mother had diverticulitus and had a foot or two of her intestine removed as well. She was fine from what I remembered. So hopefully this fixes the guys issues with his intestines for good. I just hope all this downtime doesn't kill any future for him in the sport. I mean he's starting to get up there in age considering he's obviously not yet a well rounded fighter. And when he does come back or start training again, will he have the time left in the sport to actually advance in the areas he really needs to advance in?
    In the words of Steve Miller, " Time keeps on slippin slippin slippin into the future."

Get well soon dude, I still want to see you improve your game and kick some ass.

Thread Information