Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Dana White the most influential figure in sports?

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    I might be missing something, but I re-read the article, and I don't see anywhere that it says he should be respected because he's wealthy.....it does say about the UFC being a billion dollar company and Dana was a big part of making it such.
    You're reading comprehension could use some work: the part where I talk about him playing with other peoples money is in direct response to how he should be respected because he's helping other nation's economy's by holding events there. The article infers that he is directly responsible for helping the economy, as though dana is doing it himself.

I also question whether UFC events are actually helping the economy of Abu Dhabi, but that's just me.

Feel free to disagree with me. I don't hate dana, and I acknowledge that he had a role in bringing the UFC to the forefront of MMA. But most casual fans don't even realize that he was against TUF when it was pitched, or have a clue what the barriers MMA faces before it actually gets mainstream approval. Most casual fans are going to read something like "MMA is almost as big as soccer, and soccer is boring anyway" and not realize how incredibly stupid and inaccurate that is.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    You're reading comprehension could use some work: the part where I talk about him playing with other peoples money is in direct response to how he should be respected because he's helping other nation's economy's by holding events there. The article infers that he is directly responsible for helping the economy, as though dana is doing it himself.

rh
    My reading comprehension is fine, although do I dare argue with you...it has never ended well for anyone else.
    Your comment about playing with other peoples money..how the hell does that even hold a connection to UFC events helping other countries economies ( or not )....I guess I can kinda see a connection, but it's weak.

I am never gonna win an arguement with you, no one ever does and stays around, so get in your response to this post, and I'm done with the thread.....take your shot.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    My reading comprehension is fine, although do I dare argue with you...it has never ended well for anyone else.
    Your comment about playing with other peoples money..how the hell does that even hold a connection to UFC events helping other countries economies ( or not )....I guess I can kinda see a connection, but it's weak.

I am never gonna win an arguement with you, no one ever does and stays around, so get in your response to this post, and I'm done with the thread.....take your shot.
    oh, please. No wonder you're on dana's jock; when faced with reality, you both immediately resort to melodrama and misdirection.

Nobody has ever banned anyone for arguing with me. Hell, Dr. MMA schools me regularly and we made him an admin.

To break down the connection that you're having trouble understanding, the hack author is saying dana should get respect because he holds events in other countries. I pointed out that it's not him holding the events, it's Zuffa, a corporation where he is not even one of the two principle financial backers, nor the chief executive officer.

Feel free to see that as a weak explanation, but then again, you're trying to defend the most nuthugging, poorly-written and myopic article I've read in months, so we're going to see two different sides of the coin here.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information