Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spoilers - Clay Guida talks wrestling, Anthony Pettis talks about performance

FightMetric: Guida vs. Pettis Official UFC Statistics

Clay threw more strikes, dictated pace, and most definitely did not "just lay there" or dry hump. How anyone can watch that fight and complain about boredom is beyond me.

Pettis will be back in a big way...better to get humbled by Clay first than Gray or Frankie.

As for Guida challenging for the title, sucks to be him. Gray, Frankie, and Miller are just too good for him to beat with his current level of striking and jits. Still love the guy.
    |
    |

(lookoutawhale original content)

Quote Originally Posted by bottlerocks View Post
    FightMetric: Guida vs. Pettis Official UFC Statistics

Clay threw more strikes, dictated pace, and most definitely did not "just lay there" or dry hump. How anyone can watch that fight and complain about boredom is beyond me.

Pettis will be back in a big way...better to get humbled by Clay first than Gray or Frankie.

As for Guida challenging for the title, sucks to be him. Gray, Frankie, and Miller are just too good for him to beat with his current level of striking and jits. Still love the guy.
    I think the complaint is actually pointed out in that report. Last page. Performance rating 40 for Guida and 34 for Pettis out of 100. That is what people are really complaining about.

One guy trying to get off and can't because the other guy is preventing him from what he wants to do by striking slightly more and dictating the action.

Neither guy was close to finishing the fight on the feet or on the ground. After the fight it was hard to tell either guy was actually in a fight. I know both guys definitely had sparring sessions in the last week that were tougher on their bodies than that fight.

But that' how it happens sometimes. Guida had a better gameplan and executed better. It's Guida's bread and butter.

Talking

I bet Guida's main focus during the fight was making the message boards just light up about his performance.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

I really don't think Clay deserves a title shot from that fight. With all that energy, he needs some better offense. Great takedowns but what then? Shoulder strikes.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information