+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strikeforce: 'King Mo' Lawal vs Roger Gracie booked for July 30 in Chicago

Default Strikeforce: 'King Mo' Lawal vs Roger Gracie booked for July 30 in Chicago

Strikeforce: 'King Mo' Lawal vs Roger Gracie booked for July 30 in Chicago
    former Light Heavyweight Champion Muhammed Lawal has been booked to hit the mat with grappling sensation Roger Gracie at the upcoming July 30 Strikeforce event in Chicago, Illinois.

The promotion announced the pending contest last night.

Lawal hasn't been seen since Aug. 2010, when he dropped his 205-pound strap to Rafael Cavalcante in his first title defense after winning the belt from Gegard Mousasi.
    Strikeforce: 'King Mo' Lawal vs Roger Gracie booked for July 30 in Chicago - MMAmania.com
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

nice thats a great co-main event.. turns out my step-dad surprised me with tickets so ill be there to see this one for free.99.. woohoo!!

Quote Originally Posted by singinkangaroooo View Post
    nice thats a great co-main event.. turns out my step-dad surprised me with tickets so ill be there to see this one for free.99.. woohoo!!
    Ya thats a great card to get to see. Fedor vs. hendo and all time fight.

This should be a good fight. I see mo keeping it standing and roger not being able to take him down. Mo isnt anything special standing but roger isnt a mousasi or feijao.

This will be a good fight, we will see how really good is Gracie against King Mo.

This card is turning to be pretty cool.

Fedor vs Hendo
    Mo vs Gracie
    Coenen vs Tate

Verrry nice matchup! I sure do hope Roger finds a way to put Lawal to sleep and silence him for a beautiful brief moment in history. Lawal got KTFO and lost the belt in his last fight, let's see if Roger can give him back to back losses with another finish in a submission. I agree that Lawal's best bet is to use his wrestling to keep it standing and try to go for the KO but hopefully it will end up on the ground for Gracie.

Gracie is probably going to need to pull guard to get this fight to the ground, because I seriously doubt he will beat Mo striking. And he won't be taking Mo down.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information