Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dana - Jim Miller is the #1 contender at LW. He's next in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthookstcrook View Post
    I dont understand why they wouldnt sign Guida/Miller for an absolute for sure#1 contender. Time should allow it all to play out.

Miller had a fight a few PPVs ago and is probably already training. Give Guida a couple weeks off and make the fight for UFC 137 in October(plenty of time), or whenever 135,136 happen.

Maynard/Edgar isnt even rumoured for any upcoming cards, unless they put it on the unknown 135 or 136 cards. Even then, Guida/Miller in September is plenty of time for both of them, imo.

Have UFC136 with Maynard/Edgar3 and Miller/Guida as co-main event, and hype it the whole way as "the winner of this fight will get the winner of the next fight" blahblah blah.

Have both winners get in the ring after the PPV to get the hype going right away. Makes sense to me.
    Miller is fighting Bendo soon, so he has to get through that first and stay healthy in the process.

I think that Edgar/Maynard 3 will end up on the Denver card in September. So if you have Miller fight after that and who knows if he can win that fight and stay healthy that would just muddle up your cotnenderships.

Just have Miller if he beats Bendo wait for the Edgar/Maynard 3 winner and hopefully that title fight can take place around January of next year.

I think the UFC fucked up here.

Clearly Pettis shoulda been the number 1 contender and Clay just beat him.

Not understanding this......

Jim Miller/Gilbert Melendez would have been plush while Edgar/Maynard III gets ironed out and then they can do the unification bout down the line, but right now Melendez doesn't have too much competition in SF and neither Noons nor Masvidal are really at the same level right now(altough I love Masvidal).

As far as Pettis goes, I think he was gift wrapped a titleshot winning the WEC title and while talented, wasn't anywhere near the top contender conversation without that wall walk. First thing he gets in the UFC is a wrestler and he gets grinded. Same thing happens to him basically against so many top UFC LWs.

Miller's next in line, as he should be. The guys a beast and will probably win the title from Edgar/Maynard whenever that sorts itself out (next year?).

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    He would do well to keep the fate of his fellow contender George Sotiropoulos in mind. Sotiropoulos was one fight away from a title shot when he lost to Dennis Siver at UFC 127.
    I still don't get this shotty matchmaking here. Siver beat Sots, and should be higher up then fighting Wiman or whatever. Apparently Sots was one fight away from a title fight, but Siver isn't? BS

They should sign up Siver/Guida for the next shot after Miller gets his.

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Personally, I like Guida a lot but he should not be near a title shot yet. Yes he has won 4 in a row but he has not faced a top level fighter since Florian and we saw how that ended. I think a fight with someone like Sherk or Gulliard first, then fight the loser of Edgar/Maynard, then a title fight. He needs to beat at least one or two top names before jumping into the race.

Miller is the number one contender and deserves to be there. But I doubt he has the skill set to knock off Maynard or Edgar. Maynard pretty much toyed with him and I am sure the rematch would be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Personally, I like Guida a lot but he should not be near a title shot yet. Yes he has won 4 in a row but he has not faced a top level fighter since Florian and we saw how that ended. I think a fight with someone like Sherk or Gulliard first, then fight the loser of Edgar/Maynard, then a title fight. He needs to beat at least one or two top names before jumping into the race.
    Totally agree with this here

I think if Gulliard smashes Roller (which by all means he should) those two should square off next. It makes the most sense for sure and will help again widdle down the contenders surfacing in the LW division.

Thread Information