Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Jacare' Souza vs. Luke Rockhold Title Fight Booked For Sept. 10th Strikeforce Card

1. Default 'Jacare' Souza vs. Luke Rockhold Title Fight Booked For Sept. 10th Strikeforce Card

Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza vs. Luke Rockhold Booked For September 10th Strikeforce Card - Bloody Elbow

Luke Rockhold will make his return to the cage after being sidelined for over 18 months with various injuries, and his return match will be against the best middleweight Strikeforce has to offer. Middleweight champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza will put his title up for grabs on September 10th against Mr. Rockhold. MMAWeekly has it:

Six straight wins have earned American Kickboxing Academy middleweight Luke Rockhold a title shot against Strikeforce champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza on September 10.

The date for the fight was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the match-up on Sunday. Rockhold also announced the fight via his Twitter account.

"I feel healthy, I feel ready, and I feel I have all the tools to take his belt. It's on," Rockhold wrote.
    Rockhold had won six fights in a row before going down with a shoulder injury while training for an October 2010 matchup with Matt Lindland. He was also scheduled to face Tim Kennedy earlier this year, but withdrew from that fight as well. Jacare is coming off a third-round submission victory over Robbie Lawler in January, which was his first defense of the title he picked up with a decision win over Tim Kennedy last August.

The card still doesn't have a location or venue, but this is the second fight added to the event so far. Earlier this week, it was announced that Josh Thomson will welcome Maximo Blanco to the promotion on September 10th as well.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Luke who?

i heard about this yesterday pretty stupid fight not interested. im really not interested in jacare at all to be honest i find im very overrated and he talks and complains too much.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

So somehow pulling out of two straight fights gets you a title shot? It's always good to end a 18 month layoff with a title fight. I bet wikipedia is tracking an enormous spike in Luke Rockhold's page as the entire fighting community rushes to find out who he is.
    The Jets have won more Superbowls than you have.

Oh look, Jacare got a fight...

Should be another win under his belt.

This will make his highlight reel a little bigger and scarier for when he eventually makes his way to the UFC

SF apparently is not in a position to offer credible opponents to Jacare. This was definetly a situation where a good UFC MW should have been sent over to challenge for the belt. Luke should not be competing for a belt right now in a promotion like SF.

Quote Originally Posted by pashak View Post
    luke who?
    exactly!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pashak View Post
    Luke who?
    Lol Exactly! LUKE WHO?

I can honestly say I dont follow every fighter in SF like I do with the UFC, and I deffinetly dont follow SF "challengers" as much as I follow SF. Especially 18 months ago lol

Im sure Souza will just be happy to get back into the cage finally, but they couldnt do any better then this guy?

I bet wikipedia is tracking an enormous spike in Luke Rockhold's page as the entire fighting community rushes to find out who he is
    I know eh lol, if only there was a site that had a good working "Fighter Index"

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Thread Information