Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rick Story: "I Think I'd Grind BJ Penn Into The Ground."

Default Rick Story: "I Think I'd Grind BJ Penn Into The Ground."

Rick Story: "I Think I'd Grind BJ Penn Into The Ground" - UFC NEWS, MMA NEWS | BJPENN.COM

"I think I'd like to fight B.J. Penn. Just because I think I've enjoyed watching him fight so much and it's always exciting watching him fight. I think it would be an exciting fight to have. I push the pace and I keep coming at you until the fight ends. I think I'd grind him into the ground. I'd make him tired and make him want to quit."

Surging welterweight prospect, Rick “The Horror” Story, tells the guys over at fiveknuckles.com that he can make BJ Penn quit.

Chomping at the bit to get a big name opponent, after dispatching Thiago Alves in a lack luster performance at UFC 130, the Washington based fighter has been calling out the likes of Jon Fitch, GSP and now BJ Penn.
    http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news...k-him-out.html

"Honestly, I don't think he wants to get knocked off where he's at right now," Story said. "He's on a win streak and sacrificing his spot by possibly losing to me isn't worth where he's at right now in his career. I mean, he has an opportunity where he can sit back and maybe call some shots to get what he wants. He's fought his way up the latter enough to be able to do that."

While Story understands current Fitch's situation, he believes that if the two do meet in the cage, the fight would end with Fitch on his back.

"I don't want to sound arrogant or anything, but I believe I punch pretty hard and I can take some pretty good shots, which I'm not proud to be able to say, but yeah I think I'd be able to knock him out," Story said.

"For a fight with Fitch, I'd like to keep it standing and test his ability to throw his hands and kicks. I wouldn't want it to be a boring fight because people don't like boring fights. I don't like boring fights and I don't like watching myself in a boring fight. It just kinda disgusts me. But everyone's going to think that in a fight with Fitch it's going to be two wrestlers battling for position, but I'd like to keep it on the feet and see how it goes from there."
    A lot of bark in him. If he secures a dominant win over Nate, I would like to see how he does against Fitch, Penn or Shields. A match against Rory MacDonald would be fireworks, too.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 06-19-2011 at 05:50 AM.

Yeah my Rick Story running his mouth tolerance is reaching it's peak. He's needs to put in a phenomenal performance against Marquardt to be allowed to talk this much.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

3. Default

Reminds me of the small kid thats one of the last to get picked for kick ball and he's jumping up and down waving his hands saying "Pick me! Pick me!"
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

dude...shut up with this crap already! hes almost making me want to cheer for marquardt(who i hate) lately.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I don't see a problem with what he is saying, we all know the more you talk the more the press will follow, the more money you'll make.

Beating Alves may be a big deal, but he needs to cool it with all the talk he's been doing. Alves started looking like himself in that third round and if that was a five round fight I think Alves would've gotten the win.

Story needs to focus on Marquart and worry about BJ Penn, Jon Fitch and GSP IF he gets past him.

Favorite Fighters

Chuck Liddell|BJ Penn|Lyoto Machida|Kid Yamamoto|Urijah Faber|Dan Henderson|Daniel Cormier|Anthony Pettis

Next week he'll be saying he'll easily out wrestle GSP, give me a break.

The kid got potential, and I understand hes trying to get a big name fight, but theres a point where it starts to get like.....

....the last to get picked for kick ball and he's jumping up and down waving his hands saying "Pick me! Pick me!"
    This^^.

Settle for who you get next dude, and if your so ready for the big time, you should be able to storm through any B level fighter right?, so why not take it if its presented?

The WW division is in a bit of a clusterfuck with Penn, Shields and Fitch. I dont think Story belongs with those guys as of right now.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthookstcrook View Post
    Next week he'll be saying he'll easily out wrestle GSP, give me a break.
    Rick Story on Jon Fitch: "I think I'd be able to knock him out."

Though the fight hasn't yet materialized, Story has already thought about how he'd fight the champ.

"I'd be all up in his business," Story said. "I wouldn't let him breathe. I wouldn't let him play his jab game that he's been playing the last couple fights. I'd actually make it a fight and make him fight me rather than make it a strategic battle."

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Reminds me of the small kid thats one of the last to get picked for kick ball and he's jumping up and down waving his hands saying "Pick me! Pick me!"
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    I don't see a problem with what he is saying, we all know the more you talk the more the press will follow, the more money you'll make.
    I don't see a problem as well, because let's face it, he's getting attention, but then again, who had he beat to justify such talk? squeaking by Thiago Alves isn't good enough, IMHO. And as much as he's starting to annoy me, he'd squeak by Jon Fitch, too. No problem. GSP, though - GSP would Jon Fitch that ass. Easily, I predict. Well, Rick Story will probably get the chance to prove himself against GSP after Nick Diaz becomes the new/undisputed UFC Welterweight Champion. That said, i'd like to inform Rick Story that - Chael Sonnen, you are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

let him at it. then when BJ is licking his blood, he can go home and cry.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Thread Information