Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: James Toney vs. Ken Shamrock September 23

So if the first round is standup, and the 2nd round is mma rules....is the 3rd round with glocks?

Default Toney confirms Shamrock fight, then trashes MMA

Toney confirms Shamrock fight, then trashes MMA
    Now Toney will stand toe-to-toe with Shamrock, in a bout that will be governed by special rules that state the fight can only hit the mat for 30 seconds at a time before being stood up.

"As far as I know, it's a done deal," Toney told East Side Boxing. "The only way the fight won't happen is if he doesn't show. But I love Ken Shamrock, he's beautiful and I'm pretty sure he'll come to fight. Because I am ready, baby! All these boxers, they're scared to fight me; so I'm going back to MMA to get a fight.

"Everyone knows I had problems going into the Randy Couture fight, but the mother f****r never came to fight anyhow. He scored that bullshit takedown. That will never happen again. We offered Randy more money for a rematch and he said no. But Shamrock; he'll come to fight - I hope, anyway!

"All I know is he's down as a legend in MMA, but that stuff don't mean anything to me. Boxing is a real sport. You have to be retired for five years before you can go in to The Hall of Fame in boxing. In this sport and in wrestling, they put you in straight away and that's bullshit. There will be no wrestling in this fight; this will be real combat.

"I know I'll knock him out. Trust me."
    I called Klitschko's mom a b**ch and his sister too, and they don't wanna fight me. How come? I did everything I could to get those two sisters into the ring."
    James Toney confirms Ken Shamrock fight, then trashes MMA | UFC News | ESPN.co.uk
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

3. Default

Why?
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

A fight that can only hit the mat for 30 seconds? Against Ken Shamrock? And James Toney is talking shit about MMA?

...fuck off.

James Toney isn't shit in MMA if he wins or loses this match except an old clown.

Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 06-25-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Default James Toney and Ken Shamrock Nearly Fight at a Press Conference

James Toney and Ken Shamrock Nearly Fight at a Press Conference
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

6. Default

Ken Shamrock looks horrible.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Ken Shamrock looks horrible.
    His face looks so haggard and he's lost a ton of muscle, he's becoming a shell of his former self.

Toney is still a high level athlete, but he's looked kind of shitty lately. These guys seem pretty pissed off at least, Toney might actually have a chance to stand, I'm really curious as to whether his philly-shell style works at all in MMA.

Zombie is born!

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Lol. Mixed rules. The worst part is that both of ken's knees have been blown out multiple times. He cant kick for shit anymore. This is a very winnable fight/side show for toney. Put a hw kickboxer in there with toney, they finish him in the first just striking round.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    I'm really curious as to whether his philly-shell style works at all in MMA.
    I dont think it would in high level mma, but against a old and battered shamrock it easily could

Simply put:

This fight should not be associated to MMA in any way, shape, or form. The rules clearly discriminate against how MMA is widely practiced today. Any legitimate MMA organization would do well to keep away from this farce.

And I"m not trying to fighter bash here, but I believe that Ken would do practically ANYTHING for a pay day.

PS: in that video, somebody was laughing in the background when they both got up, whoever that was had it right
    "I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure" - Clarence Darrow

Thread Information