Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shogun Rua calls for UFC to permit stomps

...as usual, Shogun is right. I agree that stomps are less dangerous than elbows, and I've always, always, always wanted the yellowcard.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...as usual, Shogun is right. I agree that stomps are less dangerous than elbows, and I've always, always, always wanted the yellowcard.

rh
    im not sold on stomps (head stomps) being less dangerous than elbows. sure they dont cut as much but you can a lot of torque and weight behind a stomp to someones head. can you explain why they are less dangerous? the only thing i can think of is less likely to cut someone maybe?

I don't see head stomps ever being sanctioned. I'm in NY the "we're ridiculous" state, and if they use barbarism as an excuse already to justify stalling the MMA bill, just imagine if head stomping were added to the mix. Bob Riley would achieve half mast over the chance to scream "see I was right" from the pulpit.

I don't know if stomps are less dangerous than elbows. For lacerations, sure, but for blunt trauma, I don't think so.

With that said, I think the new rule should be that "all fighters are banned from using soccer kicks and stomps, except for Shogun and Wanderlei". Adds a little more excitement to watching Shogun and Wanderlei, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    I don't know if stomps are less dangerous than elbows. For lacerations, sure, but for blunt trauma, I don't think so.

With that said, I think the new rule should be that "all fighters are banned from using soccer kicks and stomps, except for Shogun and Wanderlei". Adds a little more excitement to watching Shogun and Wanderlei, doesn't it?
    Gotta go with the Doc on this one. Doctors orders.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information