Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pederneiras says Florian’s elbows on Nunes “should be reanalyzed”

Default Pederneiras says Florian’s elbows on Nunes “should be reanalyzed”

Pederneiras says Florian’s elbows on Nunes “should be reanalyzed”
    Coach of Diego Nunes and head-coach of Nova Uniao, Andre Pederneiras assigned his student’s loss to Kenny Florian, in UFC 131, to the blood loss during the combat. On a chat with TATAME, Andre affirmed that the cuts reduced the athlete’s resistance, and then he was defeated on a unanimous decision of the judges, and then criticized the elbows Florian fit on him.

“Diego started ok, he won the first round and got a knockdown. After that, I guess the cuts on head and the great blood loss were undermining his resistance, because he was doing great on the training and he was ready to fight three rounds”, said the coach, commenting on the elbows hit by the American athlete.

“Those elbows, the way I see it, for where they hit him, should be reanalyzed... I’m not taking Kenny Florian’s credits for the win, not at all, but I took some pictures of Diego’s head, and I want to send it to UFC, asking them if those spots are legal. I don’t want them to change the result of the fight, because Florian was better and earned it, but I want to know if it’s legal so that I can tell my students to do it. Sometimes the rules change and we lose a fight for a silly detail”, said Andre, who complimented the Brazilian fighter, but commented on his mistakes.

Pederneiras says Florian’s elbows on Nunes “should be reanalyzed” :: TATAME
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

they are legal. does he not know that the fact that the ufc allows these elbows has been the spark of controversy for a while now?

if it wasnt for florians elbows chris leben may have been the first ultimate fighter haha
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Lol out of all the reason/excuses a fighter can use to lose momentum, he has to blame blood lost?

Really lol?

Cant just lose confidence nowadays lol?

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

4. Default

What isn't from the back of the ears and back is a no no, but many fights have been decided from a blow back their whether elbow or punch. I don't want to complain about it as the result probely would be worse

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    What isn't from the back of the ears and back is a no no, but many fights have been decided from a blow back their whether elbow or punch. I don't want to complain about it as the result probely would be worse
    he isnt talking about elbows to the back of the head he is just talking about elbows in general basically. elbows with the intention to cut like florian usually does.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    I obviously dont know exactly how safe it is, But I wish punches and elbows all over the head were Legal.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    he isnt talking about elbows to the back of the head he is just talking about elbows in general basically. elbows with the intention to cut like florian usually does.
    It sounds to me like he was talking about elbows to the back of the head. The title is misleading, trying to make it sound like the coach is whining. Reading the article it sounds like he wasn't sure if they were legal or not and wanted clarification.

I took some pictures of Diego’s head, and I want to send it to UFC, asking them if those spots are legal.
    I noticed during the fight that the cuts looked like they were in borderline illegal spots. Elbow strikes from the bottom are still kind of a gray area, lots of guys throw 12-6 elbows off their back, even though in the rules it says 12-6 elbows are illegal.

Zombie is born!

Pardon my french......................but give me a fuckin break hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    they are legal. does he not know that the fact that the ufc allows these elbows has been the spark of controversy for a while now?

if it wasnt for florians elbows chris leben may have been the first ultimate fighter haha
    He has to be talkign about the elbow that opened a cut on the back of Nunes' head. It was obviously illegal but I don't think Florian meant to do it. He throws a lot of elbows in his fights and he needs to be more careful about where he lands them.

I don’t want them to change the result of the fight, because Florian was better and earned it, but I want to know if it’s legal so that I can tell my students to do it.
    LOL Pederneiras knows the elbow to the back of Nunes' head was illegal he's just beating around the bush. I don't know why he doesn't just say he knows.

The posters talking shit and calling this an excuse need to rewatch that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthookstcrook View Post
    ...But I wish punches and elbows all over the head were Legal.
    ...unless you're simultaneously wishing for stronger skulls/spinal cords to be fused directly into them, you might as well wish for fighters to die in the ring/cage.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSpanky View Post
    He has to be talkign about the elbow that opened a cut on the back of Nunes' head. It was obviously illegal but I don't think Florian meant to do it. He throws a lot of elbows in his fights and he needs to be more careful about where he lands them.
    I don't give Kenny the pass anymore. He's made his bones for years with elbows, he should know what he's doing.

Personally, I've always thought throwing elbows with intent to cut is the biggest punkass move allowed by the [punkassed] unified rules. I'd take soccer kicks and stomps over that any day.

LOL Pederneiras knows the elbow to the back of Nunes' head was illegal he's just beating around the bush. I don't know why he doesn't just say he knows.
    he's being diplomatic.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information