Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Royce wants 7-figure payday to fight at UFC 134

He should get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    He should get it.
    Why do you think he should get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Why do you think he should get it?
    Because like it or not, he has done a lot for the sport. I don't care who came up with the idea for the UFC, he was the face of it. He is the reason that a lot of the champions and top tier fighters got into the sport when they were younger. He took what was going to be a tough man type of competition and gave it some legitimacy. And now it's huge and he absolutely deserves $1,000,000 not just for this fight, but for helping to get the UFC on the map.

The only way Gracie could worth a mil is if the venue was a 100000 seater, because then, he probably would pay for himself.

Merits aside, when the venue holds what, 22000 people, and sold out in half an hour? From a business standpoint, Gracie has no leverage; aside from projected PPV buy increases.

Quote Originally Posted by DayneFS View Post
    Saw thread title and laughed. Opened it up and laughed some more.

Close thread, laughing.
    hahaha, but hes a GRACIE hahaha

The guy is a proven cheater, and I'm sure he's been more than taken care of. The only way I'll be content with him getting a million dollars is if he agrees to put the Gracie name on the line in an open weight fight against Brock Lesnar.
    Last edited by dbader08; 06-25-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Sooooo, apparently the going rate for starring in your own snuff film is 7 figures....weird.

well depending on who he actually fought it might not be that unreasonable, more people will definitely buy the ppv to see him, i duno about a million and in the context of that interview it may be more of a joke then what he actually thinks he'll get. but who knows he might get it he might not, i'd love to see him go against a legend- sakuraba, severn or even chuck, i think it would be pointless to put him against some random welterweight coming up, so it would be a huge fight maybe a million isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TapOut27 View Post
    Rickson was the family champion but Royce was picked because he is small and the fact that he was small and tapping out all these big ass dudes is what sets Royce apart. Royce is still one of the biggest names in the sport among casual fans.
    I was hoping for some details that I didn't already know, but thanks.. I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Because like it or not, he has done a lot for the sport. I don't care who came up with the idea for the UFC, he was the face of it. He is the reason that a lot of the champions and top tier fighters got into the sport when they were younger. He took what was going to be a tough man type of competition and gave it some legitimacy. And now it's huge and he absolutely deserves $1,000,000 not just for this fight, but for helping to get the UFC on the map.
    Google map? that's pretty much where he helped the UFC get to. Zuffa had actually put UFC on the map, not Royce Gracie. Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes, B.J. Penn, etc etc helped get the UFC on the map, not Royce Gracie.

I'm a Gracie fan, too, albeit he's a documented cheater, but let's be honest - the first few UFC events was tailor-made for Royce Gracie. There was no way that a bunch of bar brawlers was going to beat him, or any Gracie, for that matter, minus Ken Shamrock. Now, let's say if there wasn't any Gracie competiting, i'm almost certain that Ken Shamrock, or even Patrick Smith would've ran through the likes of Art Jimmerson, Gerard Gordeau, Minoki Ichihara, Jason Delucia, and Remco Pardoel to win UFC 1 & 2. And let's say if that was the case - would Ken or Pat be worth a million, today? Heck, son - Ken Shamrock actually did more for the sport, so UFC should just give a million for the hell of it. Anyway, UFC RIO is sold out, from i've gathered, and that occurred without Royce Gracie's name tagged to the event, yet. Deserving, or not - he ain't getting it, which is fair in my opinion. Fighters today, deserve that form of revenue a million times more than Royce Gracie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

I think Royce would definitely do it for less. Obviously I think he'd like 7 figures but I think he might be sarcastic as it says that he ended it with a laugh. A video would probably make it easier to tell though.

Brown Pride

I've lost a lot of respect for Royce over the years,and it sucks...

I'm gonna say this one time,and then again and again.Athletes are all paid too much.there isn't a fucking thing that a fighter does that is worth what a fire fighter does,realistically.Or a good teacher who touches a student(not in his pants).

It's the American way to just completely ignore the millions that guys make(not really talking mma here really)to play fucking sports.Sports dude.You dug a ditch today for less than ten bucks an hour so that millionaire's yard doesn't flood,ya dig?

Royce Gracie,whether he did this or did not do that,is worth less than 100,000,both for his current relevance and ability,and for the fact that his line of work means dick in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by jody; 06-25-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Thread Information