Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top-ranked Japanese featherweight Hatsu Hioki signs UFC deal

Default Top-ranked Japanese featherweight Hatsu Hioki signs UFC deal

Top-ranked Japanese featherweight Hatsu Hioki signs UFC deal
    Former World Victory Road/Sengoku featherweight champion Hatsu Hioki (24-4-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) officially is octagon-bound.

UFC officials today announced the top-ranked Japanese star is the newest addition to the roster of the world's biggest MMA promotion.

Officials did not reveal Hioki's debut appearance and first opponent.

"FYI – guard-smashing savant Hatsu Hioki, a top-ranked featherweight, has been signed to the UFC roster," UFC officials stated on the promotion's official Twitter account. "Welcome!"

The 27-year-old holds an incredible 12-1-1 record in his past 14 outings, with the lone loss coming in controversial split-decision fashion to current UFC fighter Michihiro Omigawa in a Novemebr 2009 Sengoku bout.

Top-ranked Japanese featherweight Hatsu Hioki signs UFC deal | MMAjunkie.com
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

NICE! he is going to have to finish every fight though because god knows the judges wont ever give him a decision.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Anybody see the ass kicking he gave Jose Aldo's teammate, Marlon Sandro?

I think he is the only guy that will give Aldo fits and take the title away from him.

Cant wait for his debut.

YES!!! Give Mendes his title shot if he wins, and have Florian face Hioki. MAKE IT SO!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    YES!!! Give Mendes his title shot if he wins, and have Florian face Hioki. MAKE IT SO!!!
    Agreed. I 100% believe Mendes deserves the shot over KenFlo and for me, Hioki only adds much needed depth to the division and would, if anything, provide a stronger argument for Kenny if he wins. One damn fight at the weightclass shouldn't get him hotshotted to a titlebout quite yet.

6. Default

Nice
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Lol Im down like the syndrome for this scenario.

But tbh I dont know if I see them giving Ken-Flo a UFC newcomer for his next fight, and I dont think they'd put Hioki up against someone like Kenny so fast.

I could see him getting someone like Griffin/Gamburyan or Stevenson/Vazquez.

Even Roop, or even better Nunes.

Lots of good matchups at 145. Add in Hominick, Mendes and Aldo and that division is looking pretty good to me.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthookstcrook View Post
    Lol Im down like the syndrome for this scenario.

But tbh I dont know if I see them giving Ken-Flo a UFC newcomer for his next fight, and I dont think they'd put Hioki up against someone like Kenny so fast.

They gave him Gomi when he made his UFC debut last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthookstcrook View Post
    I could see him getting someone like Griffin/Gamburyan or Stevenson/Vazquez.

Even Roop, or even better Nunes.

Lots of good matchups at 145. Add in Hominick, Mendes and Aldo and that division is looking pretty good to me.
    Hioki is the #2 ranked FW in the world according to almost every credible ranking. I picked Florian because its a name fighter that can help introduce Hioki to the American audience. But as far as I'm concerned, he should get a title shot against Aldo, and I feel its a bigger Super Fighter then Diaz/GSP. Yea, I said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

This is so awesome. Aldo has a challenge on the rise for sure

it wouldnt surprise me one bit if they put him right in there with Aldo...

Thread Information