+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memo To UFC Heavyweights **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    I always thought he was a bit goofy, maybe even overrated. Not anymore. I think this guy needs to be in the conversation for the title, after he gets the winner of Kongo and Barry. I think he's 3 or 4 away from a shot. It's not a deep division afterall, and when you keep winning like he does (in exciting fashion). Dana has to be looking at this guy with some big plans in mind. I've become a fan, Meathead has officially become a BIG FUCKING PROBLEM for the heavyweight division.
    are you kidding me? conversation for the title?! the guy just beat Christian Morecraft! lolz! look, meathead has surely looked impressive so far, but he has been fighting lower level opponents. I don't want to take anything away from his performance, but lets see how he fairs against a step up in competition. let's not get too excited quite yet lolz. his speed and power do look good. I'd say give him kongo

I really like Mitrione, but his takedown defense is horrible. Kimbo Slice took him down a few times, what does that tell you? I don't see him competing with a guy like Carwin at all.

Morecraft took him down as well. That is why I don't think he should be fighting any top-tier HW's right now. He is doing great where he is at. He JUST started his MMA career and is already being pushed by the hype and the fact he is a really good personality for TV.

Id love to see him fight Kongo. He doesnt have the skill that pat has but is a better size to take on kongo. Matt hits hard, but not sure he hits as hard as pat does. Morecraft was a fight that everyone thought he would win.

Imagine how many hits he took in his football days as well. I wouldnt want to be him in 30 years

Only issue I see is that, IMO, there is a HUGE skill level gap in the HW division right now. Meathead can keep fighting guys like he has been and although he will get experience, he isn't necessarily fighting anybody better than his previous opponents.

Once you get to the "names" in the HW division the skill level has shot up drastically. There will be no gradual progression for Meathead, one day he's going to go from fighting guys you may never see in the UFC again to guys everybody considers are too much for him right now. The HW Div. is trial by fire. I think Kongo is a good next fight, then onto Schaub, Nog, or somebody similar.
    "I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure" - Clarence Darrow

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    He takes too many shots to the chin. Even though he has a GREAT chin he gets hit too much by a far better striker with good speed and power, he will be stopped.
    This.

Meathead is improving but he still keeps his hands too low for my liking, and yes he did take too many shots against Morecraft. A good striker will put him to sleep.

Mitrione vs Kongo would be good, only because it will either force Matt to be more careful or he will get KO'd.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information