0 0%
  • Lindland by Sub

1 5.88%
  • Lindland by Decision

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bas Rutten vs. Matt Lindland

Default Bas Rutten vs. Matt Lindland

Once again who would take this match when both were in their prime?

Bas Rutten in his prime was in 1996. With 2 wins over Maurice Smith, 2 over Frank Shamrock, 1 over Guy Mezger and wins overs Manabu Yamada, Masakatsu Funaki.

Matt Lindland has wins Ivan Salaverry, 2 wins over Phil Baroni, and a win over Pat Miletich all between 2001-2003.

Bas would have to meet Matt a set weight since he is a little heavier. Well both in their primes, who would take this fight?

I got Lindland by decision. Bas has never had really good wrestling, Lindland's wrestling speaks for itself. It probably wouldn't be an exciting win, but I'd see Lindland controlling him in boring fashion long enough to win the decision. A knockout is possible though for Rutten, prime vs. prime, as Terell proved when he fought Lindland.

terrell is the exact reason im going with bas
    " If the world were a girl I'd stick my dick in the ground, fuck the world" - 2pac
    NOR CAL FIGHTING ALLIANCE
    DAVID TERRELL

Bas all day, I think you are giving a the law to much credit, he beat Baroni thats not sayn much.

Bas for sure
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Talking

MOTHER FUCKIN BAS RUTTEN

Rutten by KO for sure

I'm not giving The Law too much credit, people don't give him enough.

Mix that in with the fact that probably all of you have never seen Bas fight live back in his day, you're likely giving Rutten too much credit based on his reputation.

Styles make fights. Just like boxing. One of these days people will start fogetting this guy with his rep. and name value, taking on this guy and his rep. and name value, and you'll start looking at the styles. Bas admittedly says he sucks at wrestling, and that's now. Back when he was fighting his wrestling was awful. Lindland's an olympic wrestling champion. As long as a Terrell doesn't happen, Lindland's going to clinch or take him down at will. He might not do much from there, but regardless you don't have to be exciting to win.

Well I have seen some live Bas thats why to me this is a strange question. Its to bad when he retired . He was one of my all time favs. I dont know why hes comin back , but hopefully hes legit when he does. Kimo is not really a test, but we will see.

I like Bas 100x more than I do Lindland, but I'd have to agree with Boone. Styles make fights and Bas has poor takedown defense and wrestling skills which is Lindland's strength. I don't think Lindland is dumb enough to stand around and strike with Bas. Bas could definitely KO Lindland, but I'd have to go with Lindland by decision.

Thread Information