Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Lockout

Default NFL Lockout

anyone else in here think the players are being little bitches??

they are crying over the owers telling them the dates they need to reform the union by and they are upset cause the " owners cant tell them when to reform there union"

well, ok yea thats true but if you look at what the owners did was say hey, you need to get this done by this date or we are going to start losing games and fans.

so instead of working through the weekend, they are taking the weekend off cuz Kraft passed away, and they "might" vote on monday. oh and they also dont like the terms of the 06 cba which the owners are using that can only be voted on by a union which doesnt exist because they wont sign the new cba................

anyone else feel like they are being a little ignorant on here? i mean they interviewed one of the player reps and he basically admitted that he didnt understand it, couldnt comprehend it and thats why they were not signing it cuz they were butt hurt about being told when it needed to be completed by to save the entire season

yes im infuriated. im so mad im not even going to go into details.

i do wnna say one thing. baseball is having fucking grand jury testimonies and hockey football and basketball have all held out in the past five years and two of them are locked out right now.

say what you want about management and shit in mma but i think the sport is in a better sport then all of the four majors

Yes they players are being bitches, but they have to live with this deal for the next 10 years, and retied players sticking their hand in the pot isn't helping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I agree with Peezy.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Yes they players are being bitches, but they have to live with this deal for the next 10 years, and retied players sticking their hand in the pot isn't helping.
    Lets remember the owners locked the players out the players were ok with the current deal at the time, but the owners wanted more money an extra billion off the top

If not for the retired players these current players wouldn't be able to do what they do.

Many of these retired players made a pittance compared to what the players make today most had regular jobs to support there families before pro football became Americas past time. Also many of these retired players are battling mental and physical problems from playing football and they live with little to no health coverage.

The owners are billionaires who say they are losing money yet won't open the books and show how much they are losing. They paint this picture of woe is me and vilify the players and it is working. The owners even ratified and approved this last deal with out the player reps even getting a look at it. They have the players over a barrel.

The average football players career is 3 to 4 years and most players while paid well do not make payton manning and tom brady money and can not live off that for the rest of there lives. But yet the damage they do to there body those few years will last the rest of there lives. They have no pention program. So if you ask me the guys who risk there health and well being to play a game millions watch should be rewarded for that and get the best deal they can negotiate. It looks like they will get screwed this time around but i hope they get the best deal they can.

Lets remember this is a 9 billion dollar industry and we watch football for the players not the owners so the players while still not getting the lions share of profits deserve the best they can get from the owners.

War NFLPA if it was still actually unified.

If you think the players are being bitches that's laughable. Men who but their health on the line to play a sport and want to get there fair share for it.
    Last edited by beardown98; 07-23-2011 at 01:55 AM.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Quote Originally Posted by rbenson98 View Post
    Lets remember the owners locked the players out the players were ok with the current deal at the time, but the owners wanted more money an extra billion off the top

If not for the retired players these current players wouldn't be able to do what they do.

Many of these retired players made a pittance compared to what the players make today most had regular jobs to support there families before pro football became Americas past time. Also many of these retired players are battling mental and physical problems from playing football and they live with little to no health coverage.

The owners are billionaires who say they are losing money yet won't open the books and show how much they are losing. They paint this picture of woe is me and vilify the players and it is working. The owners even ratified and approved this last deal with out the player reps even getting a look at it. They have the players over a barrel.

The average football players career is 3 to 4 years and most players while paid well do not make payton manning and tom brady money and can not live off that for the rest of there lives. But yet the damage they do to there body those few years will last the rest of there lives. They have no pention program. So if you ask me the guys who risk there health and well being to play a game millions watch should be rewarded for that and get the best deal they can negotiate. It looks like they will get screwed this time around but i hope they get the best deal they can.

Lets remember this is a 9 billion dollar industry and we watch football for the players not the owners so the players while still not getting the lions share of profits deserve the best they can get from the owners.

War NFLPA if it was still actually unified.

If you think the players are being bitches that's laughable. Men who but their health on the line to play a sport and want to get there fair share for it.
    how is it laughable that i think the players are now being bitches?? have you been keeping up with the lockout?

the money aspect of the cba is agreed on. the players are now holding out signing the new cba because that want to negotiate certain aspects that, like you said they were already ok with.

the owners have said that anything that has to be agreed on by the union that was in the old cba that the players were ok with will just remail the same. that they can use the time before football starts to propose changes. the players want the owners to change or talk about items that only a union can negotiate. the union does not exist.

also, there mad that they were given a timeline, a timeline that isnt just the owners doing. the timeline is basically hey, we need to get this done by this date to no lose any games. its not like its the middle of june and the owners said we want an answer in 3 days. the owners said, ok well you want 15 days of camp before preseason games, well you have to sign it by this date in order to not lose anything.

also, these current players are already making millions, so no i dont feel sorry for them. i think the owners got caught trying to get more money, since they have been caught they have offered pretty good deals. but the players got greedy thinking hey we caught them we can now take them for a ride. no owner is going to risk losing money cuz the players want more. they all make enough.

but they got there money, they are all happy with there money, so its time to shut up and sign the deal. they broke up the union, now they want to negotiate as a union before they reform as a union. that is being a bitch in my opinion. reform your union and be happy with what you said you were happy with 4 months ago

yeah the owners are trying to dictate what happens in giving this deadline so they don't lose money. The players have the leverage because the owners will lose alot of money with the loss of a preseason game. Where as the players do not lose much until its a regular season game check disappears.

Its going to happen the players will reinstate or form a new union but not before they can use all the bargaining power they have now. Which is something they can do so why not? the owners have not been all smiles and hugs so far. this negotiation got ugly quickly.

To your point of them making millions yes many of the starters and jerseys we see people wearing make millions but the veteran minimum is 325k a year for the 2011 season
    hardly millions its a hell of a salary but not the millions you speak of there are 52 roster spots probably 22 of those make millions or close to a mil a year the rest get paid well but not enough to support them for the rest of there lives considering they will only play a handfull of years. As well as the players are asking for health coverage for players that played pre 1993.

The players are not in the wrong for doing what they are doing its a part of the business of sports and it gets ugly from time to time but i will not think the players are being bitches for making sure they are getting the best deal they can get. The owners are playing hardball right now which i would expect they don't wanna lose any money.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

yeah the owners are trying to dictate what happens in giving this deadline so they don't lose money. The players have the leverage because the owners will lose alot of money with the loss of a preseason game. Where as the players do not lose much until its a regular season game check disappears.

Its going to happen the players will reinstate or form a new union but not before they can use all the bargaining power they have now. Which is something they can do so why not? the owners have not been all smiles and hugs so far. this negotiation got ugly quickly.

To your point of them making millions yes many of the starters and jerseys we see people wearing make millions but the veteran minimum is 325k a year for the 2011 season
    hardly millions its a hell of a salary but not the millions you speak of there are 52 roster spots probably 22 of those make millions or close to a mil a year the rest get paid well but not enough to support them for the rest of there lives considering they will only play a handfull of years. As well as the players are asking for health coverage for players that played pre 1993.

The players are not in the wrong for doing what they are doing its a part of the business of sports and it gets ugly from time to time but i will not think the players are being bitches for making sure they are getting the best deal they can get. The owners are playing hardball right now which i would expect they don't wanna lose any money.
    again i disagree. if you are not good enough to make millions, and you only make 325K for a few years........then no you shouldnt be set for life. football is a game, it isnt a right to be allowed to play. if you are lucky enough to play 2 or 3 seasons in the nfl you should still have to work when you retire. sorry but the owners put up millions and millions and took risk to own a team, without them no one, not the stars nor the bench warmers would have a spot to play.

your right, the owners are not all smiles. but the players are being little bitches and wanting to get everything there way. the money aspect is settled, which is why i am confused as to you bringing that up........again.

they have agreed on how to split the money and everyone is satisfied with that. now the players are not wanting to sign for reasons that is supposed to be handled by a union. well, if you want to debate that form the union, its your rules play by them.

do you get free health care when you leave your job??? im pretty sure you have to pay for it like the rest of us unless maybe you are a government official. if they want money when they retire from football they should invest instead of blowing there money and get a freaking job when they retire.

and actually, you are wrong, the plays do stand to lose money with the loss of preseason games. see, the 9 billion shrinks even when preseaon games are lost, meaning there is not as much money to divide up, plus you start to lose some fan support which means less revenue coming in.

but its that kinda thinking that is again making me call the players little bitches. that and there interviews on the nfl network.

hell it was vander bosh from tenn, who was interviewed saying he thinks the owners tried to slip some stuff in and they were pissed about it. when they asked him what kind of stuff his reply is, ummm well i dont know i dont really understand any of this, its over my head but im sure they tried something..................

come on, you mean to tell me your going to accuse them of screwing you over but you cant say how????

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    again i disagree. if you are not good enough to make millions, and you only make 325K for a few years........then no you shouldnt be set for life. football is a game, it isnt a right to be allowed to play. if you are lucky enough to play 2 or 3 seasons in the nfl you should still have to work when you retire. sorry but the owners put up millions and millions and took risk to own a team, without them no one, not the stars nor the bench warmers would have a spot to play.

your right, the owners are not all smiles. but the players are being little bitches and wanting to get everything there way. the money aspect is settled, which is why i am confused as to you bringing that up........again.

they have agreed on how to split the money and everyone is satisfied with that. now the players are not wanting to sign for reasons that is supposed to be handled by a union. well, if you want to debate that form the union, its your rules play by them.

do you get free health care when you leave your job??? im pretty sure you have to pay for it like the rest of us unless maybe you are a government official. if they want money when they retire from football they should invest instead of blowing there money and get a freaking job when they retire.

and actually, you are wrong, the plays do stand to lose money with the loss of preseason games. see, the 9 billion shrinks even when preseaon games are lost, meaning there is not as much money to divide up, plus you start to lose some fan support which means less revenue coming in.

but its that kinda thinking that is again making me call the players little bitches. that and there interviews on the nfl network.

hell it was vander bosh from tenn, who was interviewed saying he thinks the owners tried to slip some stuff in and they were pissed about it. when they asked him what kind of stuff his reply is, ummm well i dont know i dont really understand any of this, its over my head but im sure they tried something..................

come on, you mean to tell me your going to accuse them of screwing you over but you cant say how????
    The players only playing two or three years are permanetly damaging their brain and other parts of their body, they will have to live with the damage the rest of there lives to line the pockets of everyone involved owners, union agents ect. Some players, not all cannot get a job after football due to injury but most do have jobs after football and do just fine but should they not get the best possible pension they can negotiate for if it is up for debate? If you were and elite athlete with the ability to get more back from a billionaire who makes hundreds of millions off you and your fellow football players would you not try for the best possible deal? and do everything within your rights to get it?

To your point of Van Den Bosch saying he didn't have a clue, of course he doesn't these guys have attorneys and people to take care of his interests by no means this is no excuse for him to say something like that without having anything to back up his claims. I'm sure somewhere someone he is paying very well face-palmed themselves at him saying that.

One of the main points of contention in the new agreement is the amount to be set to the side for medical and pension its something like 600 million to 1 billion. this is were the players make me frustrated and upset with them. They keep saying that they are doing this for the old timers and the players that came before them but not a single retired player when asked by reporters if any players came to them about the pension and medical benefits for them they all said no. No one has came to them about what they think they would need or want but yet the players go trumpeting this as there cause. That is bull shit on the players plain and simple.

The real guys who got kinda screwed are next years rookies they still will get rich if picked in the top ten but after 4 years going into the 5th the team can pick up an option i believe (paraphrasing from what i heard earlier today)
    if the team wants to keep them one more year (instead of free agency) they can then pay that player the average of the top ten players at that position if drafted eleven or later they will get the average of the 11th to 30th paid players this would really screw a guy like darrell Revis out of millions

Anyways this will all be over sometime next week

The players only playing two or three years are permanetly damaging their brain and other parts of their body, they will have to live with the damage the rest of there lives to line the pockets of everyone involved owners, union agents ect. Some players, not all cannot get a job after football due to injury but most do have jobs after football and do just fine but should they not get the best possible pension they can negotiate for if it is up for debate? If you were and elite athlete with the ability to get more back from a billionaire who makes hundreds of millions off you and your fellow football players would you not try for the best possible deal? and do everything within your rights to get it?

To your point of Van Den Bosch saying he didn't have a clue, of course he doesn't these guys have attorneys and people to take care of his interests by no means this is no excuse for him to say something like that without having anything to back up his claims. I'm sure somewhere someone he is paying very well face-palmed themselves at him saying that.

One of the main points of contention in the new agreement is the amount to be set to the side for medical and pension its something like 600 million to 1 billion. this is were the players make me frustrated and upset with them. They keep saying that they are doing this for the old timers and the players that came before them but not a single retired player when asked by reporters if any players came to them about the pension and medical benefits for them they all said no. No one has came to them about what they think they would need or want but yet the players go trumpeting this as there cause. That is bull shit on the players plain and simple.

The real guys who got kinda screwed are next years rookies they still will get rich if picked in the top ten but after 4 years going into the 5th the team can pick up an option i believe (paraphrasing from what i heard earlier today)
    if the team wants to keep them one more year (instead of free agency) they can then pay that player the average of the top ten players at that position if drafted eleven or later they will get the average of the 11th to 30th paid players this would really screw a guy like darrell Revis out of millions

Anyways this will all be over sometime next week
    right, but i still think you are missing my point. which is that they owners and players both say the money aspect of it is settled / was settled as of last thursday when the owners voted. the issues at hand were union stuff that well, wasnt supposed to be changed unless the union asked for it. there is no union. they players decertified. they should reform the union and then negotiate the union issues, not have a couple of players going to bat in a non union roll.

plus, in the law suit, it was just the high dollar players suing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    right, but i still think you are missing my point. which is that they owners and players both say the money aspect of it is settled / was settled as of last thursday when the owners voted. the issues at hand were union stuff that well, wasnt supposed to be changed unless the union asked for it. there is no union. they players decertified. they should reform the union and then negotiate the union issues, not have a couple of players going to bat in a non union roll.

plus, in the law suit, it was just the high dollar players suing.
    Understood and agreed it was nice ranting with ya about all this.
    I respect your opinion and your very well thought out back and forth we have had.

thanks for having a good discussion without throwing personal jabs and insults at each other it doesn't happen all that often on these boards.

Thread Information