Thread: muay thai or bjj

1. Smile muay thai or bjj

hi to all,

im such a MMA fan for a 2 years now and im planning to train in BJJ or Muay thai..what will you recommend for 20yr young girl like me...

Hmm it depends on preference and goals. If you actually are interested in competing then you will need to do both. If you just want to train some then I say try one out and see how you like it and then try the other out. Most places will let you sign up for a short time to try things out before you really commit yourself.

Warchief Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MMAgirl
    hi to all,

im such a MMA fan for a 2 years now and im planning to train in BJJ or Muay thai..what will you recommend for 20yr young girl like me...
    I recommend Vale tudo is a mix combination of bjj and muay thai.

4. Default

i have no plan to compete in MMA but i just want to learn this for physical fitness and selfdefence..tnx for your reply!

if you want to get in shape and self-defend do bjj...it is also a better base in terms of mma than striking and is much harder to learn imo.

On a side note, welcome aboard. We don't get too many girls around here.

hi to all,

Im thinking the same thing. Im leaning towards BJJ first, and then maybe Muay thai or boxing. Let us know which one you take and how you like it.
    On a side note, welcome to the site. most people around here are real cool and easy to get along with.

If you're looking for pure self defence traditional Ju Jitsu makes the most sense. If some guy grabs you at a bar, I odnt' think BJJ or Muay Thai are going to be all that effective. Chances are you're not going to pull the guy into your guard.

I take traditional JJ and I love it. Not a huge work out, but very very practical. If you want a work out any form of Kick boxing would be great. In JJ we have done kicks and those are sick workouts.

A guy I work with took kick boxing for years, decided to fight a ju jitsu guy, and got his ass handed to him. Don't know how much different Muay Thai is from kickboxing.

9. Default

hi again,

i just found out that my a female friend of mine is a judoka and muaythai practitioner for a 2 of years now. the training will start next week...

thanks to all of you guys!

hi again,

i just found out that my a female friend of mine is a judoka and muaythai practitioner for a 2 of years now. the training will start next week...

thanks to all of you guys!
    goodluck, have fun, and remember, pain is just weakness leaving the body

Thread Information