Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unapologetic Chael Sonnen unleashes latest rants on PED accusations

Default Unapologetic Chael Sonnen unleashes latest rants on PED accusations

Unapologetic Chael Sonnen unleashes latest rants on PED accusations
    Holding court at a Q&A session for UFC Fight Club fans in advance of weigh-ins for Saturday's UFC 133, Sonnen seemed to know the question – "What does he think of them?" – was on its way.

"There's two things you can do," he said. "If somebody does steroids, you can kick him out and throw him away forever. Or, you can just open up an all-steroid league and let the games begin.

"Put it in your body, don't put it in your body, one-on-one, two-on-one, five-on-one, I'll make sure they all need nine-one-one."

But that wasn't the last of questions related to his thoughts on illicit testosterone. Another fan asked simply what happened in California, obviously referencing Sonnen's troubles with the state's athletic commission, which began when he tested positive for elevated levels of the hormone following his unsuccessful bid at champ Anderson Silva's title at UFC 117.

Sonnen didn't miss a beat.

"Well, they elected a liberal as governor. They had no way of knowing because he ran as a Republican, and he bankrupted the state, banged his nanny, had a kid – retired," he said to laughs all around. "Why are you asking me about that? That's a weird question for an MMA event?

"Are you talking about the night that I won the middleweight championship and they tarnished and took it from me after I whipped a man's ass for 25 minutes – he wraps his legs around my head for eight seconds and they declare him the winner? Is that what you're asking me about?

"Because I'll tell you man, it was a scene. It happened in the Bay Area, and that crowd, they were right down the middle. You had every sprite that could sashay across the bridge from San Francisco chanting, 'Anderson, Anderson,' and you had every gangster in Oakland chanting my name. By the end of the night, the sprites and the gangsters had united, and they were all cheering for your man."

By now, that kind of answer can be considered classic Sonnen. But the fighter didn't stop there, even though his management, the UFC, and possibly state regulators would have liked him to have done so.

"Is that what you're talking about?" he prattled on. "Are you talking about the injustice they did to me over the past seven months?

"My phone rings, they call me up and say, 'Chael, your testosterone level is too high.' I say, 'Well, how high was it?' They say, '0.7.' I said, 'What's normal?' They say, '0.6.' I said, 'One-tenth? You're telling me I'm one-tenth higher than the average man? Re-test that – you must have caught me on a low day.'"

"I told them to feast their eyes and fantasize – I offer no apology. That's testosterone, ladies and gentleman. And on top of that, what do you mean, higher than the norm? Who are you comparing me to? The pink t-shirt wearing earring guy I just fought?

"They said, 'Well, Mr. Sonnen, what are you telling us?' I said, 'Isn't it obvious what I'm telling you? Chael Sonnen is too goddamn macho for the standardized testing procedures of the California State Control Board."
    Unapologetic Chael Sonnen unleashes latest rants on PED accusations | MMAjunkie.com

Or check out the full video on http://www.ufc.com/media/115-sonnen-fight-club-q-a.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 08-05-2011 at 11:48 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

LMAO, Love it or Hate it. It's damn entertaining.

Where is Chael fan these days anyways? He isn't still banned is he?

3. Default

Holy shit that was funny
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Or, you can just open up an all-steroid league and let the games begin.
    I've offered this idea a few times lol.
    --

I will say, as funny as he can be, one thing that is annoying is how he keeps saying he beat Anderson. I mean, dude, you fucking tapped! Then you tried to cheat and say you didn't while you were cheating with illegal substances to begin with, fighting a man with cracked ribs and you tapped... but still say you won and claim yourself as a champion. That is lame.

For the most part I think he's funny as hell, but I do see how some people believe he may be mentally insane.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

"Because I'll tell you man, it was a scene. It happened in the Bay Area, and that crowd, they were right down the middle. You had every sprite that could sashay across the bridge from San Francisco chanting, 'Anderson, Anderson,' and you had every gangster in Oakland chanting my name. By the end of the night, the sprites and the gangsters had united, and they were all cheering for your man."

The whole Q & A was pretty funny. A few very funny moments. Worth the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    The whole Q & A was pretty funny. A few very funny moments. Worth the watch.
    Dude, the Q and A was fucking hilarious. I haven't even watched the whole thing but God damn... Chael Sonnen is fucking insane. Definitely worth the watch.

I imagine rivethead and Don shaking their heads in disgust while I post this, btw.
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

He's funny for sure, especially the part where he claims to have won the championship from Silva. I guess he doesn't realize a champion would never let another fighter wrap their legs around his head for 8 seconds causing him to tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    He's funny for sure, especially the part where he claims to have won the championship from Silva. I guess he doesn't realize a champion would never let another fighter wrap their legs around his head for 8 seconds causing him to tap.
    You must have missed the part where he claims to have let Anderson win with the choke because he felt sorry for him. He felt sorry for Anderson because what kind of guy would wrap their legs around another mans head? A man who wears a pink shirt and ear ring thats who.

The kid who asked Chael how much crack he needs to smoke to come up with the stuff he says was pretty classic too.

9. Default

I literally think some people on this board have zero sense of humor and need their heads checked.

It's called shtick guys.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I just hate how he keeps referring to himself as a gangster. Please.

Thread Information