+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dissecting the Fedor "GOAT Legacy".

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Are you arguing for or against Fedor's record?
    Neither, he was trying to put it in an objective perspective which really bothers some Fedor worshipers.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Neither, he was trying to put it in an objective perspective which really bothers some Fedor worshipers.
    Exactly.

Believe me, I Love Fedor. These last 3 loses have broken my heart.
    While I do consider him one of the greatest of all time, I just don't know if he's really considered the GOAT.
    From 2002-2006 he definitely was. But that was only 4 years.
    Look what Anderson Silva has done in the last 5 years.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Should he be remembered as one of the all time greats? Yes. Will he go down as the Greatest of all time, IMO no. His record is amazing and going undefeated for ten years is a great accomplishment, but didn't Wanderlay win something like 22 fights in a row? What about Anderson Silva and his string of wins against comparable opponents or the fact that GSP has basically cleaned out his division? How about the things Hoyce gracie did? All of these things have shaped MMA history but none of them could make anyone of those fighters the GOAT. That title clearly belongs to Brock Lesnar...

and that was a joke
    Believe in the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Fedor and Anderson=the GOATS

Fedor clearly isn't the fighter he used to be, its 2011 you fucktards.

10 years of dominance counts for alot more than some dumb fucking writer to scoff at, plus, most, or at least alot of fighters' records are filled with several no name opponents. Most of those were his first several fights. Are you suppost to be fighting top competetion in your very first pro fight? lol

I think some of his fights were dumb after he was on the top, like zulzuhino and ogawa, but I also think its dumb that Randy Couture was headlining and coheadlining cards against Coleman and Toney. No problem with those fights for "The Natural" and "The UFC hall of famer", huh Dana!
    Just because Fedor is losing now doesnt mean he's any less of a fighter. In fact, he still looks as explosive as ever. Look what he did to Silvia, Arlovski, and Rogers? And what he almost did to Werdum. The problem is, when he was in Pride, even the better HWs were not that well rounded at all. Nog and sadly CroCop were Fedor's best opponents. Coleman and Randleman didnt have sub d to save their lives, Hunt was a can in MMA with no grappling experience, and all of the others were cans, LHWs, or just were terrible wrestlers and just didnt have Fedor's pedigree being the best Combat Sambo fighter ever and all. Fedor was also the best striker in MMA at the time IMO because Combat Sambo teaches all aspects of fighting..Striking, grappling, and subs. Fedor was just the most well rounded fighter at the time.

Compare to the skill level and well roundedness of the best HWs today, Fedor's record only looks good on paper. That's why he's on a 3 fight losing streak. He's the same fighter, but other fighters skillsets have caught up to him and some surpassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    Very flawed concept I hate to say. Do you have any idea how many records start with tons of cans with a name thrown in somewhere in the middle? Brock Lesnar is about the only guy with a record of almost all familiar names.

Chuck Liddell, Dan Henderson, Rampage, Franklin, Anderson, Couture, etc. all have records that start out with a record of 5 to 10 nobodies with a someday sprinkled somewhere in there. And chances are, they lost to that somebody (Liddell to Horn, Jackson to Eastman, for example). That's the case for MOST fighters who started fighting from 1999-2004. Most of the people on that list have lost to nobodies or B list fighters at best as well.

Ahhh, the icing on the cake. If there is one man's record to prove to the world that Fedor is not the greatest, it is the wonderful record of Tito Ortiz. Be serious, are you trolling? Tito Ortiz has wins over a handful of good fighters at best (Belfort, Tanner and Silva come to mind) with a adorable record of 16-8

That's a very weak argument. By your logic, Anderson doesn't deserve to be G.O.A.T. either.
    While I agree, his logic is flawed, in the UFC and American orgs period, once you get to a certain level of stardom, you only fight top 10 fighters. Fedor finally gets a chance to prove what hardcore MMA fans have been saying all along, on a big stage against some of the best HWs in the world, and he makes fools out of all of us lol. You cant really argue with a tuffer about Fedor anymore.

Overated is not too strong of a word for him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Exactly.

While I do consider him one of the greatest of all time, I just don't know if he's really considered the GOAT.
    He's not! No doubt about it. Anderson Silva and GSP are much more accomplished than Fedor at this point. It's not even comparable. And Silva doesnt lose to 40 year old 185lb fighters named Hendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlem View Post
    While I agree, his logic is flawed, in the UFC and American orgs period, once you get to a certain level of stardom, you only fight top 10 fighters. Fedor finally gets a chance to prove what hardcore MMA fans have been saying all along, on a big stage against some of the best HWs in the world, and he makes fools out of all of us lol. You cant really argue with a tuffer about Fedor anymore.
    Your words are for the most part true, but they don't address what I said, or what i responded to...

But a chink was in the armor of Fedor after that fight.
    hey.. whoa whoa... no need to call fedor a chink.
    Come check out my video game stream!
    http://www.twitch.tv/el_dpay

Fedor was the "GOAT" back in his prime. Now he is being replaced by others (re: Anderson Silva).

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Exactly.

Please break down Anderson's record over the last 5 years and give me an argument that it compares to Fedor's 4 years. I'm dying to hear this.

hes not the GOAT. He is 3rd in my book. Behind Anderson and GSP. Iv seen a lot rank him there. Whats wrong with that? Even being in the discussion shows what he has done and accomplished.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information