Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Hamill retires after loss at UFC 133?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    So he basically just stole a paycheck from the UFC. This guy is all class and I won't miss him.
    I didn't even think about it that way. Wow... What a fucking stupid thing to say!

No wonder he looked like absolute crap with no gameplan whatsoever, not to take anything away from Alexander, he still would have dominated.

Speaking of Gustafsson, where has Fedorlei been?? I know he's a huge fan of Alex and wasn't here for the discussion or anything.

So he basically just stole a paycheck from the UFC. This guy is all class and I won't miss him.
    he took a fight on short notice, saved the card from being two fights canceled. and considering they canceled an entire fight so its not like he was taking money from someone else who deserved it.

he also took the rampage main event on short notice when thiago silva got suspended didnt he? i dont really see what your getting at here mac.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by DayneFS View Post
    I didn't even think about it that way. Wow... What a fucking stupid thing to say!

No wonder he looked like absolute crap with no gameplan whatsoever, not to take anything away from Alexander, he still would have dominated.

Speaking of Gustafsson, where has Fedorlei been?? I know he's a huge fan of Alex and wasn't here for the discussion or anything.
    Im not sure I ever seen Matt fight with a gameplan. His fights are more predictable than just about any other UFC fighter.

Typical Matt Hamill fight: Continue walking towards the other fighter with his hands down, and have his face busted open. After feeling the pain of being punched in the face several times, shoot for a weak takedown that he never intended to commit too, but hopes the opponent will start worrying about being taken down. Rise back up, and then get punched in the face a few more times. Maybe try some dirty boxing or another half assed take down, rise back up and get punched in the face. Rinse and repeat.

No gameplan, just the same Matt Hamill that supposedly is a great wrestler, but never uses his wrestling skills. Matt Hamill is to wrestling what Jorge Gurgel is to BJJ. I keep hearing how great of a wrestler he is, but keep waiting to see him do something with it in the octagon.
    Last edited by popsicle; 08-09-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    he took a fight on short notice, saved the card from being two fights canceled. and considering they canceled an entire fight so its not like he was taking money from someone else who deserved it.

he also took the rampage main event on short notice when thiago silva got suspended didnt he? i dont really see what your getting at here mac.
    There are plenty of fighters who would have taken that fight on short notice and showed up to fight not just to collect one last paycheck.

And I didn't say anything about the Rampage fight as his manager states that he was done after the Rampage fight and not before.

There are plenty of fighters who would have taken that fight on short notice and showed up to fight not just to collect one last paycheck.

And I didn't say anything about the Rampage fight as his manager states that he was done after the Rampage fight and not before.
    then why didnt they step up? and why didnt anyone else besides gustafson step up to fight franklin if there were so many people willing to take the fight on short notice?

then why didnt they step up? and why didnt anyone else besides gustafson step up to fight franklin if there were so many people willing to take the fight on short notice?
    How do you know they didn't? Do I look like Joe Silva to you? Maybe Hamill was the first he asked. I don't know where to find the listings of fighters who call Silva to say they will take a fight when someone gets hurt do you? I would love to see it. Did Hamill call and ask for the fight or did Silva call and ask if Hamill wanted it?

Does any of it matter? His manager said he was done after his last fight so taking this one could only be for one reason if he was done.

How do you know they didn't? Do I look like Joe Silva to you? Maybe Hamill was the first he asked. I don't know where to find the listings of fighters who call Silva to say they will take a fight when someone gets hurt do you? I would love to see it. Did Hamill call and ask for the fight or did Silva call and ask if Hamill wanted it?

Does any of it matter? His manager said he was done after his last fight so taking this one could only be for one reason if he was done.
    if there was another person then why didnt they fight franklin or fight gustafson and have hamil fight franklin. in the reports it says the only replacement they found for franklin was gustafson which franklin turned down. no one else stepped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Am I the only one who didn't think Gustafson looked all that good?

Yeah, he threw some nice uppercuts, but his head movement was non existent.

Hamill's problem is that he's never really improved, if anything, he's gotten worse, because he developed confidence in his hands... ill placed confidence.
    Matt Hammill looked like he'd never taken a person down before. His performance was lackluster and his TD attempts were pathetic. It was obvious he had quit before that fight even started. I wasn't impressed with Gustafson because Hammill looked so bad.

if there was another person then why didnt they fight franklin or fight gustafson and have hamil fight franklin. in the reports it says the only replacement they found for franklin was gustafson which franklin turned down. no one else stepped up.
    So see, your saying it was more Franklin turning down Gustafson than Hamill stepping up. I guess they didn't have a name that Franklin thought was big enough free to fight him in place of Nog. And why would they have Franklin fight Hamill? He already beat him pretty decisevly.

And once again, none of it matters as his trainer and manager has stated that he was done after the Rampage fight. So I ask again, if he was done, why take a fight on any notice, short or not? The only viable answer is to take one last paycheck from the UFC. You watched the fight, everybody else seems to agree that he just showed up and really did nothing. If he would have been "stepping up" he would have come to fight and he most obviously didn't.

So see, your saying it was more Franklin turning down Gustafson than Hamill stepping up. I guess they didn't have a name that Franklin thought was big enough free to fight him in place of Nog. And why would they have Franklin fight Hamill? He already beat him pretty decisevly.

And once again, none of it matters as his trainer and manager has stated that he was done after the Rampage fight. So I ask again, if he was done, why take a fight on any notice, short or not? The only viable answer is to take one last paycheck from the UFC. You watched the fight, everybody else seems to agree that he just showed up and really did nothing. If he would have been "stepping up" he would have come to fight and he most obviously didn't.
    hamil stepped up to face gustafson. gustafson was supposed to face vladdy but he got hurt.

Thread Information