Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonnen: It’s a ‘Criminal Act’ to Manufacture Conflict

Default Sonnen: It’s a ‘Criminal Act’ to Manufacture Conflict

Sonnen: It’s a ‘Criminal Act’ to Manufacture Conflict
    "I don’t manufacture conflict,” Sonnen (Pictured) said on Bruce Buffer’s “It’s Time” show on the Sherdog Radio Network. “I don’t try to sell fights or talk trash or hype anything. I hear those things said about myself. I see people constantly attempt to imitate me, but that’s not what I’m doing. I don’t make anything up. If I don’t mean it, I won’t say it. Apparently in the fight business you’re allowed to say things that you don’t mean to sell fights, and I hate that concept. I can’t tell you how dishonest I find that.”

In particular, Sonnen cited Josh Koscheck’s apparent disdain for Georges St. Pierre leading up to their rematch in December 2010.

“I’ve known Josh Koscheck for 13 years,” Sonnen said. “He’s got my full support. He’s a friend of mine. If I had the ability, I would have fired him after the St. Pierre fight. Not because of the beyond atrocious performance he put on but [for] the fact that he built the fight up -- he hyped it and he grabbed the microphone and tells everybody, ‘Hey, I didn’t mean that.’ Somewhere in fighting that’s OK? That is a fraudulent criminal act, in my opinion.”

Sonnen compared it to a car salesman misleading a customer into a purchase, then revealing the lie after the purchase is made.

“You would be furious,” he said. “You’d march into the attorney general’s office. You’d have the guy’s license revoked. You’d probably get a refund. But somewhere in the fight world, it’s OK to make things up. I would never do that. Look, if I don’t mean it, I won’t say it.”
    “I’m not going to manufacture a conflict against Brian Stann,” Sonnen said. “He’s a friend of mine. He’s a great guy. He’s a former world champion. He and I need to compete with each other. I’m the middleweight champion of the world and Dana White and I together have deemed him the number one contender for my championship. I will give him his opportunity on October 8. That’s it. Win or lose, we will shake hands and we will carry on life as men and as friends.”

Evidently Sonnen believes he defeated UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva when they fought last August. Sonnen was perhaps less than two minutes away from earning a decision, but then Silva submitted him with a triangle armbar.

“In what parallel scoring system do you punch a man 300 times, he hits you 11 times, wraps his legs around your head for eight seconds and they declare him the winner?” Sonnen said. “That doesn’t make you a winner. In no form of society, from the jungle to the streets, does that make you a winner. I’m the people’s champion. I’m the linear champion. I’m the best middleweight there’s ever been and I am the UFC’s true champion.”
    Sonnen: It
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 08-11-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Haha I love how he says how awful it is to make stuff up... Then he goes on to make up he's the world champ. In the street or the jungle getting caught in a submission doesn't make someone a winner Chael? If that fight was in the jungle you would be dead... Doesn't matter how many times you punched a guy if he strangles you.

Zombie is born!

No, it's a "criminal act" to launder money.

“In what parallel scoring system do you punch a man 300 times, he hits you 11 times, wraps his legs around your head for eight seconds and they declare him the winner?” Sonnen said. “That doesn’t make you a winner. In no form of society, from the jungle to the streets, does that make you a winner. I’m the people’s champion. I’m the linear champion. I’m the best middleweight there’s ever been and I am the UFC’s true champion.”
    Hey Chael, a scoring system isnt necessary when YOU voluntarily stop the fight. You tap, signaling to the appointed official that you want the fight to end, he stops the fight. Now, because you asked for the fight to end, you lose. Since you lost, you cant be champion. See how that works?
    Last edited by JimmyMoore; 08-11-2011 at 08:02 PM.

I listened to this interview yesterday and nearly pissed my pants laughing at some of the things he says. I'm not on board with Chael Sonnen bandwagon, but that interview helped me understand Chael a lot. He's a smart guy.

what a joke and a jerk. Sonnen is calling Kos a criminal for recanting and showing humility after GSP handed him a broken face, and Chael can't even admit he was tapped out. Kos admitted to hyping the fight, and that he didn't really hate GSP, but Chael actually think he won the fight. I'm not sure what parallel scoring system he is talking about. One where you can win after tapping out. It seems obvious that someone was slipping LSD into his TRT

it's always bothered me that kos said he was just hyping the fight after gsp beat him.. i get that some fighters want to sell the fight but there is an ethical way to do it that doesn't evolve being fake... otherwise i might as well just watch wwe

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

http://www.mmanews.com/forums/noob-j...-conflict.html

I thought we agreed to noobjack all sonnen non relevant rant threads?

Chael Sonnen is the man he's like charlie sheen with fighting ability.

punch a man 300 times
    Punching a man 300 times and not causing damage should get you booted from the fight game. Punching a man 300x and then allowing him to easily wrap his legs around your neck should win you a red nose and big shoes gig.

Quote Originally Posted by dj triple View Post
    it's always bothered me that kos said he was just hyping the fight after gsp beat him..
    Made me dislike him even more.

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    Chael Sonnen is the man he's like charlie sheen with fighting ability.
    bahahahahah!!
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Thread Information