Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimbo Slice wins pro boxing debut with 17 second knockout over James Wade

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Can we please see Kimbo vs James Toney??!! I dont care what sport they fight in, boxing, mma, Muytai, whatever.
    Oh, good lord... Toney may have talked mad shit in mma, but he would completely and utterly destroy Kimbo. Knock him clean out.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Can we please see Kimbo vs James Toney??!! I dont care what sport they fight in, boxing, mma, Muytai, whatever.
    Why would you want to put one of the top 5 HWs in Boxing today against Kimbo? What point would that serve?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlem View Post
    Why would you want to put one of the top 5 HWs in Boxing today against Kimbo? What point would that serve?
    I think very few people here actually know much about boxing... But who has Toney ranked at #5? A lot of rankings don't even have him in the top 25. He's no where near #5 for sure though.

Zombie is born!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlem View Post
    James Toney is not top 5 HW in boxing today.......he has been fighting cans for a long long time.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

James Toney is not top 5 HW in boxing today.......he has been fighting cans for a long long time.
    He hasn't fought a can since 2001. Just that boxing is a way different sport, and beating guys with decent records just isn't enough to get a top ranking. You have to consistently beat highly ranked fighters to get a half decent ranking.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...1437&cat=boxer

Zombie is born!

Tae Kwon Do is the option for them lol

And Pashak, he was fighting the guy he was fighting (0-1) because he himself was 0-0. Who else was he supposed to fight?
    Obvioulsy he should have fought a can ike that, and his next fights should also be against cans.
    I just hope he do not gets signed by a major boxing promotion and gets a lot of hype like in MMA.
    And my statement about Klitschko was obvioulsy sarcasm, Klitschko would kill Kimbo with one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    I think very few people here actually know much about boxing... But who has Toney ranked at #5? A lot of rankings don't even have him in the top 25. He's no where near #5 for sure though.
    You're right. I still think he gives any of the top 10 HWs a run for their money and even beats a few. It's not very strong at all and I think Toney is probably the most skilled HW but he just doesnt have the size or power to make a real splash.

Quote Originally Posted by Pashak View Post
    Tae Kwon Do is the option for them lol

Obvioulsy he should have fought a can ike that, and his next fights should also be against cans.
    I just hope he do not gets signed by a major boxing promotion and gets a lot of hype like in MMA.
    And my statement about Klitschko was obvioulsy sarcasm, Klitschko would kill Kimbo with one hand.
    Boxing isnt run like MMA. Boxing only has one organization that is run by sactioning bodies and promoters. One of the reasons why Boxers get paid so much is because the Boxers take the largest chunk of the money and pays off his trainers, promoters, sactioning bodies etc. The rest is trickled down to the staff and ref etc.

Ok thanks for the info.

If he builds his boxing career like he should be supposed to do then I will not say anything negative about him. He should get better competition but progressively, if now he fought a 0-1 probably his next fight should be against some 2-0 guy.

My problem about him is that in MMA he got a very undeserved hype, hopefully in boxing it will not happen. To be hyped he should first do something to deserve it. He did the first step, now he should continue.

Thread Information