Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonnen is the world champion and Brian Stann is his number one contender

Default Sonnen is the world champion and Brian Stann is his number one contender

Sonnen is the world champion and Brian Stann is his number one contender
    "When I get a fight, when they call me and say 'Hey you wanna fight so and so?' The answer is yes, but, behind the scenes, I call my mom, I call my sister. I tell them what's going on. I call my brother-in-law in Clifton. I sit down with my coaches. Even if it's over the phone, we just have a quick 'Hey we wanna do this, right? We can come p with something and have success out there.' It was different with Brian. I drew his name out, I said 'Oh, gosh no!' I couldn't sleep. I went to Brian Stann. I never contact an opponent. Nobody contacts an opponent. That breaks every unwritten rule there is. I contacted Brian. I said 'Hey listen I can't sleep. I'm so bothered by this news and it caught me out of left field I don't know what to do here.' And Brian Stann wrote me back and he said 'Chael, yeah it did come out of nowhere, but, with all the things going on in the world today, us fighting for up to 15 minute just doesn't matter. It's just not a big deal.' Brian. That's a very private email, but I'm sharing it because of the message there. He's a leader, he's a leader of men. He's led men into battle. He's now leading his own opponent into battle. It's the right thing to do. It's what the company asks us to do. It's what the division needs. We're two of the top guys. I am the world champion. He is my number one contender. I'm going to defend my championship for the 1st time against Brian Stann. And I'm doing it because he told me it's the right thing to do. I think that's very interesting. I've never been in that spot before."
    UFC Quick Quote: Chael Sonnen is the world champion and Brian Stann is his number one contender - MMAmania.com

Link to video... http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/v...Exf78QizzrDAQJ
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. 08-15-2011, 05:08 PM

I hope Stann sends his head into orbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

what the eff is he even talking about? lol honestly can someone please expain to me the purpose of that speech?
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

This is like the bizzaro world episode of Seinfeld..........Sonnen is saying everything opposite as to what one would expect.......
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Nobody contacts an opponent. That breaks every unwritten rule there is.
    Well, you already broke most of the written ones so what's left?

Chael sonnen is a true champion.

Chael is easy to understand when you're on some kind of hallucinogen, or just plain insane.

Captain Chael felt the need to contact The All American, Brian Stann, because he is upset they have been pitted against each other by the forces of evil, even though they are both battling for all righteousness and good of mankind. He didn't want to have to battle someone who is on the same team, however, The All American told him the lives of the innocent are more important than them and that it must be done. Captain Chael was touched by that and will now fight with a glint in his eye as if he is serving some unseen, higher purpose.

Anyone ever think Chael may be a bit schizophrenic?

Chael obviously doesn't want to fight Stann. Who would? Beating Brian Stann doesn't come with all the perks that it sounds like. His fanbase will hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    Chael sonnen is a true champion.
    You gotta be trolling...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    You gotta be trolling...
    Me thinks he was joking. Hopefully.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

RedeTV! - UFC RIO | Confira entrevista exclusiva de Sonnen ao UFC Sem Limites

Sonnen is all talk now, but he better have backup with him at all times, he may get mobbed in Brazil.

Thread Information