Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Howard dismayed by UFC's loyalty to Hardy

1. Default John Howard takes to the internet, wants to fight Dan Hardy in the UFC

John Howard Campaigning for Fight With Dan Hardy - Bloody Elbow

There are quite a few people that aren't overly impressed with the fact that Dan Hardy still has a job despite four straight losses in the UFC. One of them is John "Doomsday" Howard. Howard, who was recently released after three straight losses, is understandably a little peeved:

He spent the rest of the night retweeting every positive comment that came his way, then decided to post a Youtube video explaining the situation in detail. Basically, he wants to fight Dan Hardy in the UFC:

Howard vs hardy - YouTube

The 28-year-old Howard (14-7) does have a point to a degree. Hardy is being kept around at least partially because Lorenzo Fertitta likes the way he fights. He's also popular in the UK, which counts for something. But Howard was released after losing to Jake Ellenberger, Thiago Alves, and very-late replacement Matt Brown. This was after winning four in a row in the promotion. I've never been a John Howard fan, and I realize that three of his four wins could have easily gone the other way. Howard hasn't been as exciting as Hardy, but he didn't even get the chance to lose four straight. Hardy should have to fight to keep his job, and he should be fighting guys in the same position as him. I think it's a bit "too little, too late" for Doomsday though.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

I liked Howard when he first came to the UFC. He really didnt live up to his ability or the potential he showed. Losing to Ellenburger and Alves is says nothing bad about him, only that he isnt at the top of the division. But you just cant lose to somebody like Matt Brown and expect to stay around. It amounted to a 3 fight losing streak. If he had beaten brown he would still be in the UFC and those 2 losses would have just been lessons to him.

Im not against the Idea but I dont see the UFC doing it.

"DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

4. Default

Okay a sentence was a re-post. Thanks though.

And I don't troll n00b-jack for my news.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Okay a sentence was a re-post. Thanks though.

And I don't troll n00b-jack for my news.
    take a joke jesus christ you completely took it out of context i just posted that becuase i knew cat smasher was going to thats why i wrote hahaha.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

6. 08-17-2011, 08:28 AM

LOL @ But,But "but he didn't even get the chance to lose four straight."

If you cant beat Matt Brown, you shouldnt be in the UFC. Especially if Brown finishes off your 3 fight losing streak.

If hes good enough he'll be back, we've seen it before. And if hes not good enough he wont be back, we've seen that before too lol.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

8. Default

Howard has is little pink panies in a wad.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Thread Information