19 67.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jones vs lesnar

Default Jones vs lesnar

who wins at hw
    Dan "The G.O.A.T." Henderson

Member of the Demian Maia fan club

Anderson VS Shogun 2012 Dana make it happen

Brock and its not even close. He takes Jones down and mauls him.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Brock and its not even close. He takes Jones down and mauls him.
    I have to agree. Jones would have to put on a lot of weight to contend with Brocks size and strength. If Jones keeps it standing he wins the fight but I think Brock would take him down immediately and the rest of the fight would be Brock holding him down and hammer fisting.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Jones by superman elbow KO off the cage.
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I see Jones only losing to a big strong wrestler that can take him down and control him. If Jones is held on his back his dynamic striking, speed, and reach are all neutralized

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Jones will one day go to HW. If he pulls and Overeem and Adds a ton of Muscle you could like his chances against anyone. He will still have a huge reach advantage, and top notch wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Jones will one day go to HW. If he pulls and Overeem and Adds a ton of Muscle you could like his chances against anyone. He will still have a huge reach advantage, and top notch wrestling.
    At HW his reach advantage is not that big of a deal. Lesnar's reach is only 3 inches shorter then Jones. Plus he is a bigger, stronger and better wrestler then Jones. Lesnar would win this fight by TKO in the first or second every time at this point.

Jones needs to stay at LHW IMO. The monsters at HW would chew him up and spit him out. Cain, JDS, Carwin, Lesnar, Bigfoot, Barnett and even Mir would all put a beating on Jones.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    At HW his reach advantage is not that big of a deal. Lesnar's reach is only 3 inches shorter then Jones. Plus he is a bigger, stronger and better wrestler then Jones. Lesnar would win this fight by TKO in the first or second every time at this point.

Jones needs to stay at LHW IMO. The monsters at HW would chew him up and spit him out. Cain, JDS, Carwin, Lesnar, Bigfoot, Barnett and even Mir would all put a beating on Jones.
    While I agree with you, at this point in time it is a horrible match-up. Jones is a master of using leverage and executing flawless technical greco throws and takedowns, but the strength disadvantage would be a huge huge difference and be a very tough fight for him. This was assuming he pulled an overeem as i mentioned.

How is 3 inches not a good reach advantage, it is a good advantage and would be foolish to think otherwise. If you watch some good boxing fights you will quickly see. Its not a huge reach advantage but Jones reach is being used against him. He has such a huge reach that if its not a 9 inch reach advantage people assume that it doesnt mean that much. A 9 inch reach advantage isnt a huge reach advantage its absolutely insane. Jones has a longer reach than struve.

Bigfoot would be very difficult as well, JDS and Cain would clearly be difficult. Barnett is hard to say. But I have no doubt that Jones is capable of taking Mir down.

Jones was a wrestling phenom in NY. He never went to college for some reason, but easily won 2 junior college titles the only 2 years he was there. If you see how effortlessly he throws around guys, experienced and better credentialed wrestlers you will see that he is something special.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    While I agree with you, at this point in time it is a horrible match-up. Jones is a master of using leverage and executing flawless technical greco throws and takedowns, but the strength disadvantage would be a huge huge difference and be a very tough fight for him. This was assuming he pulled an overeem as i mentioned.

How is 3 inches not a good reach advantage, it is a good advantage and would be foolish to think otherwise. If you watch some good boxing fights you will quickly see. Its not a huge reach advantage but Jones reach is being used against him. He has such a huge reach that if its not a 9 inch reach advantage people assume that it doesnt mean that much. A 9 inch reach advantage isnt a huge reach advantage its absolutely insane. Jones has a longer reach than struve.

Bigfoot would be very difficult as well, JDS and Cain would clearly be difficult. Barnett is hard to say. But I have no doubt that Jones is capable of taking Mir down.

Jones was a wrestling phenom in NY. He never went to college for some reason, but easily won 2 junior college titles the only 2 years he was there. If you see how effortlessly he throws around guys, experienced and better credentialed wrestlers you will see that he is something special.

I think he went to junior college because of his grades and was set to go to Iowa State but then his gf got pregnant so he decided to go make money in MMA.

Also what I meant by the reach advantage is that it will not be the same at HW that it is at LHW. He is use to almost having a 10 inch reach over most guys. With Lesnar that advantage is not as great and then at the same time you are dealing with a guy who is bigger, stronger and better then Jones' best aspect.

In a few years if Jones puts on weight the right way then maybe he could give guys like Cain and JDS a run. But I think he should stay at LHW where his body give him such an advantage over everyone down there.
    Ben Askren

anyone know what Jones cuts to make 205? To me he looks as if being Cains size would be no problem for him, I bet he walks around well over 220.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information