Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toney vs Peter 2!!!

Punk Ass Guest

Default Toney vs Peter 2!!!

This fight comes on Shotime tomorrow. Surprised it wasn't posted yet. I say Toney by UD!

I say Toney's a crybaby, lost against Rahman, lost again Peter, doesn't deserve this rematch and this whole Billy Blanks hype is nothing but that...hype. He came in bigger than last fight, how the hell is his cardio going to be better, it's not. Where Peter came in 8lbs lighter and looks way better than he did last fight. I hope he knocks Toney's head into the 3rd row and ends his career. Peter by KO round 9. If not that, a clear unanimous deicision this time and if that happens, no matter how clear...TONEY WILL STILL CRY ABOUT IT!

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Cruz
    I say Toney's a crybaby, lost against Rahman, lost again Peter, doesn't deserve this rematch and this whole Billy Blanks hype is nothing but that...hype. He came in bigger than last fight, how the hell is his cardio going to be better, it's not. Where Peter came in 8lbs lighter and looks way better than he did last fight. I hope he knocks Toney's head into the 3rd row and ends his career. Peter by KO round 9. If not that, a clear unanimous deicision this time and if that happens, no matter how clear...TONEY WILL STILL CRY ABOUT IT!
    LOL, I take it you don't like Toney very much

Toney did look leaner but what the hell happend to all the talk of slimming down??? The dude just put 20lb of muscle on. I hope billy and Toney know something I dont know, cause all I see is him gassing by the 8th round and getting hit by those bombs, hopefully he still doesn't get KOed this time

toney never lost against rahman, it was a draw because he was fat and out of shape and gassed, same goes with the peter fight, all though i think it was alot closer then the 2 judges had it, just looked bad when peter was hitting toney and moving him back because of his power, didnt really need to hit him clear just looked bad because peter has so much power, im not saying toney won but it was alot closer then that shit, i want toney to win tonight, but he said he got in shape didnt really look like it to me

Punk Ass Guest

Heres a vid of the weigh in!! Look at the way Peter looks at Toney. Like he wants to take his head off lol

http://www.sho.com/site/video/player...2007/010607_we

I cant wait, I think Peters take it again but its gonna be a goooooood fight
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by dork8503
    toney never lost against rahman, it was a draw because he was fat and out of shape and gassed, same goes with the peter fight, all though i think it was alot closer then the 2 judges had it, just looked bad when peter was hitting toney and moving him back because of his power, didnt really need to hit him clear just looked bad because peter has so much power, im not saying toney won but it was alot closer then that shit, i want toney to win tonight, but he said he got in shape didnt really look like it to me

Yes i know it was a draw, but he lost that fight without question, Rahman was robbed. Yea it had to do with him beig out of shape, i'm not saying Rahman is the better fighter but that's what happens when you don't put any effort into nutrition. I agree it should've been closer but Peter still won that fight, this rematch should not be happening until Peter won the title first.

Come on now... Toney has never been stopped in a fight, let alone KOed. Also when you have a natural fighter like Toney, 12 rounds experience with the other fighter to figure out his fight style cant be overstated. I look for another close fight, but with Toney pulling out the UD as most ringside said was the case last time.
    Last edited by JimmyMoore; 01-06-2007 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMoore
    Come on now... Toney has never been stopped in a fight, let alone KOed. Also when you have a natural fighter like Toney, 12 rounds experience with the other fighter to figure out his fight style cant be overstated. I look for another close fight, but with Toney pulling out the UD as most ringside said was the case last time.
    So what you're saying is because he was never KO'd he can't be? You remember Toney being seriously rocked in the first fight, although he claims he wasn't like he's usual bs. Peter can DEFINATLEY KO Toney. Will he, who knows? But he can. Toney has never been KO'd fighting Middleweights on up to a lackluster Cruiserweight division at the time aside from one guy he fought. Then he fights a very old Holyfield and a hardly impressive up and down Rahman. He has never faced anyone with Peter's power before and he knows this now, i guarentee he takes that into account this time around.

Just because ringside had him winning don't mean he won the first fight, he lost and his mouth just tries and convice everyone otherwise. He'll cry everytime things don't go his way. The WBC made a HUGE mistake making a rematch now instead of doing what they said and giving Peter his deserved title shot first, they just opened the door for every future fight that's close to be contested. There have been hundreds of fights that could be argued but not until Toney cries does anyone do anything, that's crap and not consistant. I would have had NO problem if they would've gave Peter the shot and Toney a stay busy fight then if they both won, the rematch.

No Harlem i don't like him. lol I think his boxing skills, even at this age, is a gift to the sport and the fans but i think his attitude is exactly the opposite, bad for the sport and not needed.

I'm not sure which side to lean towards on this one. I'm routing for Toney, wouldn't be shocked if he wins on points, but expect Peter to win via late stoppage or points.

Thread Information