25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

9 36.00%
  • Anderson " The Spider" Silva

16 64.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shogun VS The Spider

Default Shogun VS The Spider

2 beyond spectactular and devastating Muay-Thai fighters. who takes this and how do they win? i got Shogun by TKO because like sonnen, he would not be afraid to go after anderson and like sonnen , shogun has a rock solid chin that took everything jon jones could throw at him and he wouldnt just stand there while anderson had his arms down like okami did and get TKO'ed. i wanna see this fight so bad, but i think anderson will retire before that fight would happen.
    Dan "The G.O.A.T." Henderson

Member of the Demian Maia fan club

Anderson VS Shogun 2012 Dana make it happen

I'd take Anderson hands down. Shogun sure did take everything Jones had for him, and he paid for it. I don't see this fight going much different
    Believe in Chimichanga's

anderson wont have the same reach advantage that jones did, so shogun wont have the trouble of getting to anderson like he did with bones, although the result in the fight may be the same. i just remember a lot of people saying that shogun could not beat machida and look what happened. he beat him twice and the 2nd time in devastating fashion. lets agree that Shogun has the best chance of beating anderson than anyone in the UFC at 185 or 205 besides bones jones.
    Dan "The G.O.A.T." Henderson

Member of the Demian Maia fan club

Anderson VS Shogun 2012 Dana make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by dmc_tim View Post
    anderson wont have the same reach advantage that jones did, so shogun wont have the trouble of getting to anderson like he did with bones, although the result in the fight may be the same. i just remember a lot of people saying that shogun could not beat machida and look what happened. he beat him twice and the 2nd time in devastating fashion. lets agree that Shogun has the best chance of beating anderson than anyone in the UFC at 185 or 205 besides bones jones.
    I would put rashad evans in that line up as well, he has great wrestling and is super fast. I see him giving the Spider some problems as well.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Shogun and Anderson have the best Muay Thai in the game. Shogun has the best Muay thai in mma, besides... Anderson.

It wouldnt be an easy fight for Anderson. He wouldnt be able to drop his hands down and clown him like he has with other fighters, but he does win. He either gets the stoppage after landing enough in the 3-4th or gets the decision by outpointing him.

The best all around strikers in the UFC are.

Anderson
    Shogun
    Lyoto

in that order. Guys like Anderson, Penn, Rampage, and JDS have the best boxing in the UFC, but I was talking about all around striking.

Its scary to think that Anderson has the best Muay thai, and Arguably the best Boxing in mma as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Shogun and Anderson have the best Muay Thai in the game. Shogun has the best Muay thai in mma, besides... Anderson.

It wouldnt be an easy fight for Anderson. He wouldnt be able to drop his hands down and clown him like he has with other fighters, but he does win. He either gets the stoppage after landing enough in the 3-4th or gets the decision by outpointing him.

The best all around strikers in the UFC are.

Anderson
    Shogun
    Lyoto

in that order. Guys like Anderson, Penn, Rampage, and JDS have the best boxing in the UFC, but I was talking about all around striking.

Its scary to think that Anderson has the best Muay thai, and Arguably the best Boxing in mma as well.
    Silva's movement, accuracy and speed is simply better than Shogun's. Like most of Silva's fights in the UFC I doubt this one would make it to the 3rd.

would be an amazing fight.. i have no idea who would win. I think shoguns leg kicks and aggression could give anderson some fits

Shogun takes this all day.

Shogun definitely has the better and more powerful kicks imo I think he could definitely win this fight. He would fight this one much like his first fight with Machida, he wouldn't just come out super aggressive like he did against Bones. He fares much better when he picks and chooses his shots like we saw against Chuck, Machida, and Forrest.

I still think that Shogun has amazing accuracy as well. And he really only needs one punch as has been proven over and over again. Silva messes around too much and I feel that if he did that little feeling out process then it wouldn't be a good night for Silva...but I may be biased as I'd go gay for Shogun and ONLY Shogun lol

Thread Information