Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 80 of 80

Thread: College Football starts tonight!

  1. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Thats the huge issue with college football we can compare schedules between two 11-1 teams and without a playoff we will never truly know who is better.

    This year could have clusterfuck at the end written all over it if LSU loses to Bama. Who would you vote number one if it plays out like this:

    Bama beats LSU 10-7 in OT.

    Okie State beats Stanford 49-14.

    Bama would have won the "national championship." But finished 1-1 with LSU and a weak schedule.

    LSU would have been 1-1 with Bama both OT games and played one hell of schedule.

    Okie St would have beaten 3 Top 10 teams during the year.

    And all would be 12-1.
    interesting question. the winner of lsu bama is obviously the national champion. however, the AP poll is still seperate. my hope is that Ok St gets the nod in the AP in that scenario. I think we already have a cluster fuck. The rules set by the BCS said it had to be Alabama vs LSU one more time. but now you have a school, with an impressive record left out in the cold.

    a school, which lets be honest, had they lost at the beginning of the year, they would be in the national title game. a late loss kills a teams hopes.

    to answer you question, it would really depend on how the games played out. if lsu vs bama was as sloppy and ugly as the first match...Ok St would get my vote for No. 1.

    If it was a close game because both defenses stepped up and just shut down the offenses....then it would depend on how Stanford looked. Did Ok St shut them down or were they just sloppy.


    either way its completely subjective and just further proves that the current system is broken worse than MMA scoring.

    I dont really have a dog in this show. Im not a fan of any of the 3. What I am a fan of is a cluster fuck from hell that gets the ball rolling on the end of the BCS, and the formation of a couple of super conferences and a playoff system.

    I mean, shit there is enough bowl games to make them playoff games and still let other schools play bowl games.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    interesting question. the winner of lsu bama is obviously the national champion. however, the AP poll is still seperate. my hope is that Ok St gets the nod in the AP in that scenario. I think we already have a cluster fuck. The rules set by the BCS said it had to be Alabama vs LSU one more time. but now you have a school, with an impressive record left out in the cold.

    a school, which lets be honest, had they lost at the beginning of the year, they would be in the national title game. a late loss kills a teams hopes.

    to answer you question, it would really depend on how the games played out. if lsu vs bama was as sloppy and ugly as the first match...Ok St would get my vote for No. 1.

    If it was a close game because both defenses stepped up and just shut down the offenses....then it would depend on how Stanford looked. Did Ok St shut them down or were they just sloppy.


    either way its completely subjective and just further proves that the current system is broken worse than MMA scoring.

    I dont really have a dog in this show. Im not a fan of any of the 3. What I am a fan of is a cluster fuck from hell that gets the ball rolling on the end of the BCS, and the formation of a couple of super conferences and a playoff system.

    I mean, shit there is enough bowl games to make them playoff games and still let other schools play bowl games.
    I am an Okie State fan and even though I feel we got screwed I would take a certain pride in knowing my team helped bring down the BCS.

    I do not understand how they could all be against playoffs like they are. Do they see the money March Madness makes? Now imagine December Madness with a semi-final match up between LSU and USC that would be friggin huge. Make a 16 team tourny and have them follow the BCS (conference title be damned!). They could still have some bowls they just could not use the 16 teams that made it. If this system is in place here are just a few of the first round match-ups we would get to enjoy:

    Boise St. v. Wisconsin
    South Carolina v. Kansas St
    Baylor v. Oregon (final score 85-80)
    Michigan v. Stanford
    Bama v. Clemson

    Those would be some pretty fun first round match-ups and lead to an exciting weekend of football. Baylor would be a huge sleep because they would Oregon then the Stanford/Michigan winner both winnable games for a 12 seed. Bama v. Boise St in the second round and Okie St. v. Arkansas... WHY ISNT THIS HAPPENING?!?!?!
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

  3. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I am an Okie State fan and even though I feel we got screwed I would take a certain pride in knowing my team helped bring down the BCS.

    I do not understand how they could all be against playoffs like they are. Do they see the money March Madness makes? Now imagine December Madness with a semi-final match up between LSU and USC that would be friggin huge. Make a 16 team tourny and have them follow the BCS (conference title be damned!). They could still have some bowls they just could not use the 16 teams that made it. If this system is in place here are just a few of the first round match-ups we would get to enjoy:

    Boise St. v. Wisconsin
    South Carolina v. Kansas St
    Baylor v. Oregon (final score 85-80)
    Michigan v. Stanford
    Bama v. Clemson

    Those would be some pretty fun first round match-ups and lead to an exciting weekend of football. Baylor would be a huge sleep because they would Oregon then the Stanford/Michigan winner both winnable games for a 12 seed. Bama v. Boise St in the second round and Okie St. v. Arkansas... WHY ISNT THIS HAPPENING?!?!?!
    100% agree with the 16 team format. we were talking about his during the bowl selection show. chances are if you win your conference championship and you are in a major conference you are in the top 16. sure flukes could happen but lets face it, the only reason its the top 16 is for even brackets anyway.

    The bcs is definitely a money thing....but there is so much more money to be made by a playoff system. my guess is that its the way the conferences and spread out on the networks.

    yes yall got screwed. the cluster fuck part of it is, had yall got in, the bama would of got screwed. this isnt like previous times, even when there was a split ap and coaches champion. this is 3 times have a legit claim to the title game, and there is at least 3 more that are not far behind from making a case of there own.

    its not gonna happen right away, but this is the start of the end of bcs as we know it into a playoff system. it was one thing to explain why boise st was left out. its another thing to explain why a 1 lose team who ran through several other top teams is left out. combine that with now you have shrunk the market to the south for the title game. the causal football fan on the west coast isnt gonna watch the title game with it being an SEC rematch, however i bet if it was an SEC rematch AFTER 3 previous weeks of playoff football, the viewership would be sky high, because even if your team is out of it, chances are you now have something invested into watch the playoffs, not a one off game, and you just gotta know if the team that took your boys out is really that good or if they got lucky. to your point its one reason even when its not big name teams in the basketball tournament they still get pretty good ratings.

    someone should take this thread and send it to espn and the ncaa. if we can figure it out why the hell cant they

  4. #74
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    So far the bowl season has proved what we knew all season long. The SEC and Big 12 are just a level better then everyone else. SEC is 4-2 and the Big 12 is 5-1.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,247

    Default

    Way to represent the ACC. Good job Clemson. You clown fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  6. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,247

    Default

    There was no way I thought last night's game was going to be more boring then their first meeting. I can't believe I was wrong. Hard to watch, dull. I hate the SEC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  7. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    worst BCS championship ever, at least as far as I have ever seen
    Last edited by Trodden; 01-10-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: IT MADE ME WANT TO HIT MYSELF!

  8. #78
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    There is no way anyone can convince me that Okie State wouldn't have beaten either of those teams last night. You really think the Cowboys wouldn't have been able to put up 22 points against Bama? Defense wins championships and I get that but you still need an offense to put up points and there is no way LSU or Bama would have been able to keep up with the Cowboys.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

  9. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    There is no way anyone can convince me that Okie State wouldn't have beaten either of those teams last night. You really think the Cowboys wouldn't have been able to put up 22 points against Bama? Defense wins championships and I get that but you still need an offense to put up points and there is no way LSU or Bama would have been able to keep up with the Cowboys.
    your forgetting one key part to all of this. there is no way Okie State would of held Bama to 21 or LSU 0. either one of those offenses are good enough to put up enough points to help there D out and defeat Ok St.

    I get the whole they could of scored thing, but do you really think they would of held LSU or Bama or 0 or just 21? what you saw was 2 of the best defenses shutting down pretty good offenses as well

  10. #80
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    your forgetting one key part to all of this. there is no way Okie State would of held Bama to 21 or LSU 0. either one of those offenses are good enough to put up enough points to help there D out and defeat Ok St.

    I get the whole they could of scored thing, but do you really think they would of held LSU or Bama or 0 or just 21? what you saw was 2 of the best defenses shutting down pretty good offenses as well
    Oklahoma St held the number 8 offense to 10 points. Sure the defense did not look great all year but most of the yards where junk yards when he were up by 20+ points and threw in our second string guys and we also played some of the best offenses in the league.

    Bama and LSU have so-so offenses and I think Okie St.'s defense would have been able to hold them to the 20-24 point range. Meanwhile there is not a defense in the country that could hold the Cowboys to under 28 points.

    But this is all pointless now and Bama has "won the national championship." But I must write a thank you note to the SEC for shifting power. Because from here on out the Big 12 will be the toughest conferences. Bye bye weak teams like Texas A&M and Mizzou and hello BCS contenders TCU and West Virginia. Starting next year there will be 4 different teams in the Big 12 that have won BCS bowls in the past two years:

    TCU
    West Virginia
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State

    No other conference comes close to that.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •