Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football starts tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    Some good games for the first Sat of the season

By the way Kevo, I am a Grad of Maryland so I was just wondering if you watched your team last night? Fear the Terps
    OK State looked good against a Sun Belt team. We had 3 INTs and still managed to score 61 points so I guess we have to take what we can get. Arizona is up next on Thursday and I think we should lay a pounding on them. Something along the lines of 49-17 would work for me.

The Big 12(10) looks good so far with all the powerhouses winning and winning big. Plus add in the "upset" of Baylor over TCU and overall its a pretty deep conference this year. Nebraska looks like they ran away just in time.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Some good games for the first Sat of the season

By the way Kevo, I am a Grad of Maryland so I was just wondering if you watched your team last night? Fear the Terps
    Its gonna be a looooooooong year.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I read soomewhere that, OK and one other team are thinking about jumpoing conf's aswell. Did you hear anything about that?

If we end up with say 2 big ass "super conf's" would that be the end of the BCS?

That TCU game was great. The you had Auburn barley winning on a crazy ass ending. good week.

Bama has Penn State on Sat, so ROLL TIDE..ROLL
    If OU goes, OK State is going to go with them. The Bedlam series is a huge rivarly that isn't just about football. These two schools hate each other in wrestling (where the rivarly started), basketball, baseball, softball, golf... you name it. Plus being in the same state and having a lot of connection in other ways I expect the schools to stay together. Same goes for Texas and Texas Tech. Here is how I think it goes depending on OU.

If OU goes... here comes the Pac-16. OU, OK State, Texas and Texas Tech will go to the Pac-12. The left overs (Baylor, Kansas, Kansas St, Iowa St, and Mizzou) will be spread between the SEC (Mizz), MWC (Baylor and Kansas St.) and Big Ten (Kansas and Iowa St).

If OU stays... expect the Big 12(10/9) to take BYU. Then possibly add Rice, SMU or try to steal Boise, TCU and/or the Razorbacks.

The next few weeks will be very interesting as far the future of the Big 12(10/9).
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

4. Default

Last edited by TBEAR; 09-06-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Yeah that is the way I see it aswell. It will be crazy to have 16 teams in a Conf, but very possable. So how do they schedule that shit? will every game be in Conf? or will they just skip around and play some teams every year and rotate the others? I am guessing they will skip around

Shit is going to get crazy and like you said the next few weeks are going to be very intresting
    If the Pac-16 happens like I think it will. It would split between two divisions:

West:
    USC, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon St., Washington, Washington St., Cal and Stanford

Southwest:
    Arizona, Arizona St., Utah, Colorado, Texas, Texas Tech, OU and OK State

This way all the major rivarlies stay intact (Texas-OU, Cal-Stanford, USC-UCLA etc.,). Then they can play 7 division games then 2 against the other division. Then the 3 non-confence games each year.

If this happens they should just pencil the national championship game each year being the Pac-16 v. the SEC. The Big Ten might have something to say but lets be honest, even a two loss team from the PAC-16 would be better then an undefeated team from the Big Ten.
    Ben Askren

Agreed. If this goes down, they should just say the winner of the PAC-16 vs the winner of the SEC for the Championship.

A 2 loss team from the PAC-16 or the SEC would beat the rest of those big 10 schools 9-10 times.
    If the PAC-16 happens I would just expect the other major players (SEC and Big Ten) to steal accordingly. SEC will add Texas A&M and would probably steal Mizzou, Florida State and The U. The Big Ten would make a move for VTech, BC and/or Pitt. Meanwhile the Big East and ACC would probably just cut a few programs and combine to survive.
    Ben Askren

Is it sad that the Big 12 is breaking up after this year and 60% of the teams are currently ranked in the Top 25. With 3 teams ranked in the Top 10. Why on earth is everyone running away from the second best conference in football?
    Ben Askren

Thread Information