Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The best striking style?

goju-ryu karate

Muay Thai.
    When you take a break, or skip a practice/training session, just remember, theres someone else out there thats working when your not. And if you face him, (Insert Ivan Drago accent here) you will lose.

In my opinion, overall the best striking art is Ba Ji Quan, "8 extremes boging", central-northern China. It's a hard, internal art.

Of course if you're talking everyday self-defense, while I stand by my choice, you need to become like a master to be able to readily apply it. And I tend to count the learning span when talking about self-defense so I'd go with i.e. something like Wing Chun.

Damn, I forgot about this thread. January 1, 2007. Pride was still up and running at that time lol.

I've realized after learning much about the sport that San Shou is the best striking art.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlem View Post
    Damn, I forgot about this thread. January 1, 2007. Pride was still up and running at that time lol.

I've realized after learning much about the sport that San Shou is the best striking art.
    And your reason for thinking that?"

muay thai with polished boxing. You can clown muay thai fighters with your hands and kick the shit out of boxers.

san shou is good but im sick of the cung le bs, he is not the best striker in mma and he would get tooled by anderson. His kicks are fast and accurate but dont pack much behind them, he usually snaps them as opposed to getting all his weight behind them. the sooner fighters realize that, the sooner we will see him get ko'd again.

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    And your reason for thinking that?"
    Sorry I took so long to answer. I forgot about this thread again lol.

San Shou is the total package. Every practical strike in Kung Fu is taught in San Shou including everything Muay thai has to offer except San Shou also teaches throws and takedowns and a bigger variety of kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    muay thai with polished boxing. You can clown muay thai fighters with your hands and kick the shit out of boxers.

san shou is good but im sick of the cung le bs, he is not the best striker in mma and he would get tooled by anderson. His kicks are fast and accurate but dont pack much behind them, he usually snaps them as opposed to getting all his weight behind them. the sooner fighters realize that, the sooner we will see him get ko'd again.
    Cung Le is way past his prime and not dedicated to the sport like he should be. He is one of the best strikers but if your cardio and muscle memory isnt there, it doesnt matter how much skill you have.

Edit: and you also dont know WTF you're talking about. How the hell are you going to criticize a pro fighter and master of the art like he doesnt know how to throw a proper fucking kick? That's a retarded statement, Cung has some of the best kicks in all of MMA if not the best and the best technique to throw them. He's KO'd a few people with his kicks aswell. Speed + power and no one throws a side check kick as effectively as he does. His spinning back kicks are second to none aswell. He gets plenty of power behind the kicks he uses to KO people. Do you really think he doesnt knjow how to KO someone with a kick? lol

Until you get in the ring, fight, and throw kicks better than Cung, you have no room to talk shit about him.
    Last edited by Punk Ass; 05-22-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlem View Post

Edit: and you also dont know WTF you're talking about. How the hell are you going to criticize a pro fighter and master of the art like he doesnt know how to throw a proper fucking kick? That's a retarded statement, Cung has some of the best kicks in all of MMA if not the best and the best technique to throw them. He's KO'd a few people with his kicks aswell. Speed + power and no one throws a side check kick as effectively as he does. His spinning back kicks are second to none aswell. He gets plenty of power behind the kicks he uses to KO people. Do you really think he doesnt knjow how to KO someone with a kick? lol

Until you get in the ring, fight, and throw kicks better than Cung, you have no room to talk shit about him.
    Lee like machida doesnt throw thai style kicks(actually he does sometimes but not nearly as much)

i need to elaborate when i say thai style kicks, i mean throwing the hips into it like you see in k1 and mma but you see some fighters throw snap kicks (machida) he def has some sick throws and tds that most people dont recognize(he doesnt have a reason to take it down) but as far as pure striking he is not on the level as k1 strikers or some other guys in mma(dont know how many, but anderson is def better) Anderson has great boxing and muay thai and would pick le apart.

AND BTW i am undefeated in amature kickboxing and boxing bouts(i know, doesnt mean much, but what has your fatass done). Ill throw hands with you any day son.

Lee like machida doesnt throw thai style kicks(actually he does sometimes but not nearly as much)

i need to elaborate when i say thai style kicks, i mean throwing the hips into it like you see in k1 and mma but you see some fighters throw snap kicks (machida) he def has some sick throws and tds that most people dont recognize(he doesnt have a reason to take it down) but as far as pure striking he is not on the level as k1 strikers or some other guys in mma(dont know how many, but anderson is def better) Anderson has great boxing and muay thai and would pick le apart.
    I think Silva would out strike him aswell, but he is a K1 level striker. And was also the best San Shou fighter in the world at one time.

AND BTW i am undefeated in amature kickboxing and boxing bouts(i know, doesnt mean much, but what has your fatass done). Ill throw hands with you any day son.
    Ok, internet gangsta lol. You dont need to prove to me how tough you are. There's plenty of guys that made the leap to pro you can pick on lol.

Big deal.

I am undefeated in boxing, kickboxing, amateur wrestling, professional wrestling, muay thai, bjj, amateur mma AND professional MMA,

0 wins. 0 losses.

Watch your back.

Thread Information