Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The best striking style?

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Lee like machida doesnt throw thai style kicks(actually he does sometimes but not nearly as much)

i need to elaborate when i say thai style kicks, i mean throwing the hips into it like you see in k1 and mma but you see some fighters throw snap kicks (machida) he def has some sick throws and tds that most people dont recognize(he doesnt have a reason to take it down) but as far as pure striking he is not on the level as k1 strikers or some other guys in mma(dont know how many, but anderson is def better) Anderson has great boxing and muay thai and would pick le apart.

AND BTW i am undefeated in amature kickboxing and boxing bouts(i know, doesnt mean much, but what has your fatass done). Ill throw hands with you any day son.
    Boxing
    Last edited by pdx_boxer503; 06-23-2010 at 07:06 AM.

JKD Nuff said
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by pdx_boxer503 View Post
    Boxing
    muay thai has everything.
    Fedor is the King of MMA........... his standup, grappling, agility, defense and submission skills are on another level of combat...........we should have more combat sambo champs in mma lol............

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Lee like machida doesnt throw thai style kicks(actually he does sometimes but not nearly as much)

i need to elaborate when i say thai style kicks, i mean throwing the hips into it like you see in k1 and mma but you see some fighters throw snap kicks (machida) he def has some sick throws and tds that most people dont recognize(he doesnt have a reason to take it down) but as far as pure striking he is not on the level as k1 strikers or some other guys in mma(dont know how many, but anderson is def better) Anderson has great boxing and muay thai and would pick le apart.

AND BTW i am undefeated in amature kickboxing and boxing bouts(i know, doesnt mean much, but what has your fatass done). Ill throw hands with you any day son.
    Funniest old post that I've read in quite some time
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops

Quote Originally Posted by kickbox View Post
    muay thai has everything.
    No shit. Look at these guys go:

COC elite promo Nov 19th - Dedicated To The World Of Muay Thai.

I'm surprised their shins aren't a bloody pulp after the round.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlem View Post
    What's the best striking art, not only in fight sports but for self defense also?
    Muay thai, heres my logic. If you have hands, and you use them completely and they break! Now you have the clinch , if that fails you have low kicks, if that fails you have high kick, if that fails you have to take a page out of wrestling lol.
    Fedor is the King of MMA........... his standup, grappling, agility, defense and submission skills are on another level of combat...........we should have more combat sambo champs in mma lol............

Muay Thai. But I also love Boxing. You have to adapt Boxing for MMA though.

Muay Thai because it teaches clinching. I've also heard elbows are better to throw in a street fight than fists because there less chance of breaking ones hands.

The kicks, regardless of style are risky to throw in real fight because it increases your chances of going to the ground. Unless it's low kicks.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

The best striking style is to be well-versed in all and rely on none, hence the philosophy of Bruce Lee.

No art contains every strike that is effective, if you take a little from all styles and meld them into your own then you can be unstoppable.

Muay Thai is the "best" striking art IMO.

But you shouldn't neglect other stuff.

Judo is awesome for self defense.

Thread Information