Thread: bad knots in lower back

Default bad knots in lower back

hey guys, hoping you all can help..

i've got a really bad knot in my lower back. basically on top of my left kidney. so bad you can see the knot underneath the skin. wife is helping by trying to massage it out a couple times a week, but pain is still pretty bad. interferes with working out and training. issue is, i've got a bjj tourney in november and i gotta be ready to go.

any advice/suggestions? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by deeznizzies; 09-16-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    lemme touch your feet

Quote Originally Posted by deeznizzies View Post
    hey guys, hoping you all can help..

i've got a really bad knot in my lower back. basically on top of my left kidney. so bad you can see the knot underneath the skin. wife is helping by trying to massage it out a couple times a week, but pain is still pretty bad. interferes with working out and training. issue is, i've got a bjj tourney in november and i gotta be ready to go.

any advice/suggestions? thanks in advance.
    Actually have the same problem myself in the same spot. Gonna go to a registered massage therapist to have it dealt with eventually. My wife tries to rub it out, but there's no way to even get it to disappear for a little bit, it's so bulbous, and totally not going anywhere.

My only advice outside of seeking a professional, would be to put a hot compress on it for 10 - 20 minutes before getting your wife to massage it.

have you tried resting for a week ?

Try this: Falun Gong qigong exercises. What do you have to lose and it is free. For an explanation of what their purpose is, read here . Good luck

It could be just a knot.

This is my opinion. keep in mind I went to doctor regarding stiff back and the conclusion was this:

if your back is stiff as a plank and you have trouble breathing when you move it may be your Psoa muscles. (the rear muscles work to hard to compensate and viola...a knot! (i had the same symptoms)When the psoa muscles are tight you have to do the stretches and it will work. lay down on your back with but on end of table. bring up one leg to chest and have somebody gently push down on the other leg until you feel them stretch. do both sides. also, use a softball and roll it into you stomach area just above hip.(i thought it was a crock of shit until i tried) A massage therapist would ram fingers deep into that area to massage the psoa muscles and it hurts like a son of a bitch.

do a video search on this..you'll see what i mean. hope this helps.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Thread Information