Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Hunt VS David Tua.

Default Mark Hunt VS David Tua.

Who would win an MMA match between theese two Samoan Sluggers? I dont think grappling will come into play in this fight and think it would be a slugfest from hell. Ima go with the boxer just because..I love tua!
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Think this one actually comes down to who has the better chin. Or most gas in tank.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

3. Default

Hunt took Rothwell down a few times, factor in the nasty kicks of Hunt (wouldn't worry about the take down) and I think it's a very winnable MMA fight for Hunt. He's a K-1 striker with serious MMA experience.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

If the fight stays standing Tua all the way a boxer with 4 oz gloves is scary as hell not to say Hunt is not an elite striker but to stay on the feet against a pro boxer with serious experience and heavy hands would not be good Hunt would kick the shit out of Tua's legs and body but one shot on the button by a former HW boxer with ko power is the end of any MMA heavyweight granite chin or not.

That said i don't see this fight staying on the feet Hunt takes Tua down and subs him
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

5. Default

I always find is weird that whenever a boxer is mentioned putting on the famed 4 oz. gloves, he becomes this unstoppable KO machine like a boss fight in the 9th level of a Mario game.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I always find is weird that whenever a boxer is mentioned putting on the famed 4 oz. gloves, he becomes this unstoppable KO machine like a boss fight in the 9th level of a Mario game.
    No Double Dragons main boss at the end not a Mario boss.

Seriously though Tua has 20 KO's and 23 TKO's 43 finishes in 52 career wins that shows serious Knock out power with big gloves now put 4 OZ gloves on him and he will damage anyone horribly if they chose to trade hands. He was already a KO machine before the 4 oz gloves

and why would a MMA fighter play to the advantage of a boxer who's whole exsistence until his mma debut would of been training how to use his hands in ways to win at boxing
    Last edited by beardown98; 09-26-2011 at 04:26 AM.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Punk Ass Guest

Hunt is not a good boxer by pro Boxing standards. He would get lit up by Tua standing who used to be a highly ranked top 10 fighter. In MMA, hunt would take him down and sub him rather easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    And Tua isn't a good striker by K-1 standards OR a good MMA fighter by MMA standards.

Hunt was a top 10 ranked HW in MMA and won the K-1 Grand Prix. Dude can fucking strike.
    Yes he can Strike with the best MMA and K-1 would have to offer (to be honest he'd probably get tooled in K-1 right now he has gotten a little sloppy) but why would he want to throw hands with a top notch boxer when he can win very easily by taking his opponent down and subbing him.

Hunt is a bad ass striker yes but there is a very good chance that if he stands with Tau and Tua can get inside and clip Hunt that Hunt would be in a world of trouble Tua has made a living getting inside and knocking people out at 5' 10" he's not exactly gonna be able to sit back and pick people apart at HW

Thread Information