Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Hunt VS David Tua.

Hybrid View

Default Mark Hunt VS David Tua.

Who would win an MMA match between theese two Samoan Sluggers? I dont think grappling will come into play in this fight and think it would be a slugfest from hell. Ima go with the boxer just because..I love tua!
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Think this one actually comes down to who has the better chin. Or most gas in tank.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

3. Default

Hunt took Rothwell down a few times, factor in the nasty kicks of Hunt (wouldn't worry about the take down) and I think it's a very winnable MMA fight for Hunt. He's a K-1 striker with serious MMA experience.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

If the fight stays standing Tua all the way a boxer with 4 oz gloves is scary as hell not to say Hunt is not an elite striker but to stay on the feet against a pro boxer with serious experience and heavy hands would not be good Hunt would kick the shit out of Tua's legs and body but one shot on the button by a former HW boxer with ko power is the end of any MMA heavyweight granite chin or not.

That said i don't see this fight staying on the feet Hunt takes Tua down and subs him
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Quote Originally Posted by rbenson98 View Post
    If the fight stays standing Tua all the way a boxer with 4 oz gloves is scary as hell not to say Hunt is not an elite striker but to stay on the feet against a pro boxer with serious experience and heavy hands would not be good Hunt would kick the shit out of Tua's legs and body but one shot on the button by a former HW boxer with ko power is the end of any MMA heavyweight granite chin or not.

That said i don't see this fight staying on the feet Hunt takes Tua down and subs him
    Hunt took a flush LHK from a prime Cro Cop and stayed standing. That is a lot more force than a punch from HW boxer.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Hunt took a flush LHK from a prime Cro Cop and stayed standing. That is a lot more force than a punch from HW boxer.
    Just because someone took a flush shot and was still standing in one fight does not mean he can't be dropped by someone else's punch.

Boxers also have been measured at anywhere between 1000 lbs of force and 1800 lbs of force from a punch. more if you are Ivan Drago

Crocop supposedly was measured back in his k-1 days to have a lhk of 600kg of force or 1320 lbs of force in his kick so it is conceivable that a boxer could put more force behind a properly thrown punch.

Now the Crocop statement is far from anything but hersay but thought i would mention it for discusions sake

I would though agree with you i would think a CC LHK > boxers punch
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Quote Originally Posted by rbenson98 View Post
    Just because someone took a flush shot and was still standing in one fight does not mean he can't be dropped by someone else's punch.

Boxers also have been measured at anywhere between 1000 lbs of force and 1800 lbs of force from a punch. more if you are Ivan Drago

Crocop supposedly was measured back in his k-1 days to have a lhk of 600kg of force or 1320 lbs of force in his kick so it is conceivable that a boxer could put more force behind a properly thrown punch.

Now the Crocop statement is far from anything but hersay but thought i would mention it for discusions sake

I would though agree with you i would think a CC LHK > boxers punch
    My point wasn't trying to say he couldn't be dropped if he did get hit. My point was counter "but one shot on the button by a former HW boxer with ko power is the end of any MMA heavyweight granite chin or not." I just think he has the ability take some a big shot from some HW power hitters and not be dropped. It is definitely not absolute one way or the other what would happen in that scenario.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

8. Default

I always find is weird that whenever a boxer is mentioned putting on the famed 4 oz. gloves, he becomes this unstoppable KO machine like a boss fight in the 9th level of a Mario game.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I always find is weird that whenever a boxer is mentioned putting on the famed 4 oz. gloves, he becomes this unstoppable KO machine like a boss fight in the 9th level of a Mario game.
    No Double Dragons main boss at the end not a Mario boss.

Seriously though Tua has 20 KO's and 23 TKO's 43 finishes in 52 career wins that shows serious Knock out power with big gloves now put 4 OZ gloves on him and he will damage anyone horribly if they chose to trade hands. He was already a KO machine before the 4 oz gloves

and why would a MMA fighter play to the advantage of a boxer who's whole exsistence until his mma debut would of been training how to use his hands in ways to win at boxing
    Last edited by beardown98; 09-26-2011 at 04:26 AM.

Punk Ass Guest

Hunt is not a good boxer by pro Boxing standards. He would get lit up by Tua standing who used to be a highly ranked top 10 fighter. In MMA, hunt would take him down and sub him rather easily.

Thread Information