Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Hunt VS David Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by rbenson98 View Post
    If the fight stays standing Tua all the way a boxer with 4 oz gloves is scary as hell not to say Hunt is not an elite striker but to stay on the feet against a pro boxer with serious experience and heavy hands would not be good Hunt would kick the shit out of Tua's legs and body but one shot on the button by a former HW boxer with ko power is the end of any MMA heavyweight granite chin or not.

That said i don't see this fight staying on the feet Hunt takes Tua down and subs him
    Hunt took a flush LHK from a prime Cro Cop and stayed standing. That is a lot more force than a punch from HW boxer.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Hunt is also 5'10".

All I'm saying is, I get tired of hearing that boxers become automatic gods when punching another man, regardless of the other man's skill set. Like the boxer will automatically win. Hunt would kick his head off of his shoulders.
    When punching another man is all you train for most of your life i would think you would get pretty proficient at it. Hunt has trained kick boxing most of his life and could stand with anyone. I just think that it would be stupid to stand there with a guy that could knock you out with one punch and Tau is that guy no matter how you slice it he could knock any HW out. Hunt is an excellent striker and has ways of winning this fight on the feet mostly kicks low and high but the longer the fight would stay on the feet the more it would play into Tua's hand. Tua can only win this fight on the feet where as Hunt can win it many other ways so why stay on the feet?
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Hunt took a flush LHK from a prime Cro Cop and stayed standing. That is a lot more force than a punch from HW boxer.
    Just because someone took a flush shot and was still standing in one fight does not mean he can't be dropped by someone else's punch.

Boxers also have been measured at anywhere between 1000 lbs of force and 1800 lbs of force from a punch. more if you are Ivan Drago

Crocop supposedly was measured back in his k-1 days to have a lhk of 600kg of force or 1320 lbs of force in his kick so it is conceivable that a boxer could put more force behind a properly thrown punch.

Now the Crocop statement is far from anything but hersay but thought i would mention it for discusions sake

I would though agree with you i would think a CC LHK > boxers punch
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

4. Default

There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    And Tua isn't a good striker by K-1 standards OR a good MMA fighter by MMA standards.

Hunt was a top 10 ranked HW in MMA and won the K-1 Grand Prix. Dude can fucking strike.
    Hunt never really threw many head kicks(I've never seen him throw one successful one), and if his leg kicks dont stop Tua in his tracks, he's in a world of trouble.

Tua's hands alone is 10 times better than Hunt ever was as a kickboxer, or a Boxer, which he tried his hand at and lost to a can who now finished his career at 16 wins 20 loses. Hunt wasnt a good Boxer at all which is why he went to K1 which is a step down to be honest(talent wise and financially). Even his record in K1 is 30 and 13 as compared to Tua who is 54 and 4 and he's fought some of the best HWs in the world.

Simply put, the best of the best strikers in the world go to boxing because that's where the money is at. If a fighter cant make it in boxing, they go to MMA, Kickboxing, or retire. There are exceptions aswell, but not many.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

I dont care how good prime Hunt's chin was, he wouldnt be able to take many Tua punches, especially that left hook. In an mma fight of course Hunt takes it. He was doing some ground work with rothwell and has really dedicated himself to mma. He has assembled a nice training camp for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by rbenson98 View Post
    Just because someone took a flush shot and was still standing in one fight does not mean he can't be dropped by someone else's punch.

Boxers also have been measured at anywhere between 1000 lbs of force and 1800 lbs of force from a punch. more if you are Ivan Drago

Crocop supposedly was measured back in his k-1 days to have a lhk of 600kg of force or 1320 lbs of force in his kick so it is conceivable that a boxer could put more force behind a properly thrown punch.

Now the Crocop statement is far from anything but hersay but thought i would mention it for discusions sake

I would though agree with you i would think a CC LHK > boxers punch
    My point wasn't trying to say he couldn't be dropped if he did get hit. My point was counter "but one shot on the button by a former HW boxer with ko power is the end of any MMA heavyweight granite chin or not." I just think he has the ability take some a big shot from some HW power hitters and not be dropped. It is definitely not absolute one way or the other what would happen in that scenario.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Punk Ass Guest

A 185lb Melvin Manhoaf Knocked hunt out cold with the first punch he threw. I'm not too sold on his chin either at this point. David Tua on the other hand, has never been KO'd and he's fought some of the best HWs int he world.

It's not even up for debate where this fight needs to go in order for Hunt to win.

Tua got dropped in his second to last fight against Monty Barrett, so maybe his chin isn't what it used to be either.

I'd give Hunt the edge in an MMA fight as he could use leg kicks and takedowns. Tua has never conditioned his legs to deal with the sort of punishment that Hunt could deal out in a short space of time. Having said that, Tua's punching power (one of the all-time nastiest left hooks in the business and a right uppercut that wasnt far behind) and chin are both better.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Uh Hunt did get dropped from the first head kick CC threw at him in one of their fights. After that he wasn't dropped but the guy toppled like a well cut tree...
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Thread Information