Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: exercise balls

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,573

    Default exercise balls

    i got an exercise ball to try out, i am very impressed, on top of the great ab and core work outs it has proven great in my weight lifting, its turned some of my normal routines into greuling exercises, does anybody else here use one?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,001

    Default

    Another thing to do with one of those burst proof balls is fill it half way with water and then pump enough air into it that it is round but not tight. Now grab it on each side and do cleans or snatch or pick it up and run with it. The water sloshing around it in makes it hard as hell.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    Another thing to do with one of those burst proof balls is fill it half way with water and then pump enough air into it that it is round but not tight. Now grab it on each side and do cleans or snatch or pick it up and run with it. The water sloshing around it in makes it hard as hell.
    thats a great idea, i may pick up another one to try that with, i was supprised at how cheap they are

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    yea, they are great for streching and doing abs and lower back.


    http://exercise.about.com/cs/abs/l/bl_core.htm
    i have found ways to do different barbell execises on it, it really increases the work out

    i love my balls....sorry i had to say it:grinsmile26:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudieMurphy1
    thats a great idea, i may pick up another one to try that with, i was supprised at how cheap they are
    I got the idea off of Ross Enamit's website. Ross is the man for cheap strength and conditioning.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    I got the idea off of Ross Enamit's website. Ross is the man for cheap strength and conditioning.
    you should post a link to his site in this forum

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudieMurphy1
    you should post a link to his site in this forum
    www.rosstraining.com
    Hard Work Always Equals Results.

    www.arizonakettlebelltraining.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    I love the ball work. I try to do a core routine at least once a week. When I first started out with a sports specific trainer our warm up was on the ball. The first 2 times, my entire work out was the warm up because my core was not strong at all. I love using the ball.

    Any weight lifting excersise is great on the ball as well. I'm thinking of geting one to sit on at work all day. But don't know if it's a good idea to be on one 8 hours straight.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead
    I love the ball work. I try to do a core routine at least once a week. When I first started out with a sports specific trainer our warm up was on the ball. The first 2 times, my entire work out was the warm up because my core was not strong at all. I love using the ball.

    Any weight lifting excersise is great on the ball as well. I'm thinking of geting one to sit on at work all day. But don't know if it's a good idea to be on one 8 hours straight.

    i've been thinking about doing the same, i had heard that its actually good for your posture as well as your core.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    I'm worried about being bored at work and almost falling asleep on the ball. I'd definatly fall off. At least with this not so comfy chair I'm sitting in right now I have a back that I can lean into for a snooze.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •