Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Henderson vs Shinya Aoki

Default Ben Henderson vs Shinya Aoki

Who gets a limb broken off???

Would Bendo respect Aoki's grappling enough to employ a sprawl-and-brawl gameplan?

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    Who gets a limb broken off???

Would Bendo respect Aoki's grappling enough to employ a sprawl-and-brawl gameplan?
    It would be just like the Aioki v. Gilbert fight.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

I think Gil is faster than Bendo and used superior boxing technique to keep Aoki at a distance. I don't think Bendo's striking is so dominant that Aoki couldn't clinch with him. It would play out differently.
    Last edited by trustkill; 12-16-2011 at 07:08 AM.

4. Default

Bendo wins all day long
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    I think Gil is faster than Bendo and used superior boxing technique to keep Aoki at a distance. I don't think Bendo's striking is so dominant that Aoki couldn't clinch with him. It would play out differently.
    I think a huge part of Gil's strategy was also to crouch in front of Aoki, which nullified the upkicks and leglocks that Aoki loves. I think the fight would look much different in Japan, I think Gil is still the favorite though.

I'm not so sure about Bendo vs Aoki, Bendo does give up submissions a lot, he's just so flexible he always manages to work his way out of them. Aoki is like the only guy at LW who if he grabs something, he breaks it. Not sure if Bendo could avoid subs against Aoki the way he did against Cerrone and Miller.

Zombie is born!

No matter who Aoki's fighting, I'll always ROOT for the other guy.

In Bendo's case, I'm quite positive he's head and shoulders above Aoki on all levels sans submission skills and his raw athleticism alone would give Aoki fits.

I absolutely see this fight being like Melendez/Aoki, except with Bendo being a little more risque.

Bendo wins easy. He's alot more athletic and stronger the Aoki so he decides where the fight goes.

I think bendo would beat aoki pretty handily

I think Bendo is going to be the champ soon, and I think his only competition is going to be Melendez. I like Aoki, and there is always the off chance that he could catch Bendo, but I'd rather see Aoki fight Cerrone.

Well, Bendo is good at surviving chokes and he is very flexible, but a knee bar, and it´s all over. Coming from a huge bendo fan, Aoki catches him sooner or later.

Thread Information