+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chael Sonnen vs Dan Henderson @ 185

Chael takes this at 185 he would just grind out a win. I'd even go so far to say he would likely take it at 205 as well.

Dan had a very bad back injury and a resulting bad weight cut as well.

He does have good tdd, that fight is just not a good example of it, as the case with other fights. He is kinda off and on in that area.

He does have huge power, he isnt a precision striker like Anderson, he will only need one big bomb.

Hendo has a punchers chance in any fight he takes, but Chael wins this at either weight class by out wrestling him.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Sonnen wins at 185 the same way Shields beat Hendo. Hendo just is not elite at 185 anymore and loses a lot of his speed when he cuts wieght now. Sonnen cuts way better then Hendo does now and would still be explosive and take Hendo down non-stop for the fight.

At 205 I give it to Hendo because he keeps his speed and agility. He defeneds takedowns much better at 205 and would eventually end up on top of Sonnen where he would drop some Hendo bombs.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Sonnen wins at 185 the same way Shields beat Hendo. Hendo just is not elite at 185 anymore and loses a lot of his speed when he cuts wieght now. Sonnen cuts way better then Hendo does now and would still be explosive and take Hendo down non-stop for the fight.

At 205 I give it to Hendo because he keeps his speed and agility. He defeneds takedowns much better at 205 and would eventually end up on top of Sonnen where he would drop some Hendo bombs.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post

Ya basically how I see it. Sonnen has never looked good at 205, and Hendo just doesn't cut weight well anymore. 5+ years ago, Hendo wins at either weight class hands down.

Zombie is born!

At 185, Sonnen has a solid chance to win an uneventful decision, depending on Dan's weight cut. Far from "mauling" him, Sonnen's gnp would be entirely points-based and do [as usual] little or no damage.

If Henderson has a good weight cut, it's anyone's game.

At 205, Hendo wins 9 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    Dan had a very bad back injury and a resulting bad weight cut as well.
    The MMA math is this thread is almost as hilarious as the overhype Sonnen is now getting. If Sheilds [who is a better grappler than Sonnen, all day long] can grind out a win over an injured Henderson with a bad weight cut, the "relentless" Sonnen is going to totally dominate him. riiiiiiiight.

Unless "relentless" is a new interweb buzz-term for "pillowfisted." In that case, my bad, I didn't get the memo.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

I totally agree with Rivethead above.

Sonnen couldn't even rock Hendo in a mount, Hendo's head is just too hard and tough to even cut against Sonnens pillow fists.

From the showing Hendo last put on, (at 205) Hendo would have the power to drop Sonnen all the way into the fith round. He'd only have to connect once timing the takedown attempts Sonnen would be laying on him. Sonnen could only grind out a decision against Hendo and It'd be a shit fight too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information