Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz vs. Frankie Edgar

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Default Nick Diaz vs. Frankie Edgar

Who wins?

We've seen Nick fight at 160 a couple of times. He wanted to got to LW, then just changed his mind for some reason. He is a top WW, but would only lose by getting taken down and decision... outside of maybe BJ.

at LW he could really tear shit up.

I see him outclassing Frankie if they fought, his reach would be a lot to deal with and his style would fluster frankie. Frankie could get him down, but would be in a world of problems if he stayed down there for too long... Although Frankie is more of a guy who plays it safe and gets the takedowns to land points rather then really mount an offensive. He is always good at coming up with a gameplan.

Well, Nick is awfully larger than Frankie, has sick reach and cardio for days.....but Frankie has slick wrestling and I've yet to see Diaz prove himself to be capable of efficient TDD against an admirable foe.

Frankie via UD.

Lol how about you just wait til Nate Diaz gets himself a shot at that belt and you'll get the general idea
    Favorite fighters: GSP, F. Griffin, Jon Jones, Nick Diaz, Carwin, Ken Flo, Leben

Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    Lol how about you just wait til Nate Diaz gets himself a shot at that belt and you'll get the general idea
    I'll wait until Nate GETS the shot....only to see him utterly flake out during pre-fight promotional stuff before the biggest fight of his life and wuss out. I hear it's hereditary!!!

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Well, Nick is awfully larger than Frankie, has sick reach and cardio for days.....but Frankie has slick wrestling and I've yet to see Diaz prove himself to be capable of efficient TDD against an admirable foe.

Frankie via UD.
    Yes but Frankie's sub defense has not been tested too much. We cant assume he has Sherk or Diego's sub defense.

He would be in big Danger standing with Nick for too long and also in danger if he took him down. He likes to score points, so he doesnt really do much with his takedowns, he just gets them and doesnt spend too much time on the ground to put himself in danger. Like he did against Bj. the problem is that his moving in and out and landing his shots and getting out of the way will be much harder against a long reached volume puncher like Nick is.

That would be a sick fight.

Quote Originally Posted by end it with a left View Post
    Please dont compare Nate to Nick. He will always be a poor man's Nick Diaz.
    Last edited by Kimbo> Rampage; 10-12-2011 at 03:12 AM.

I think Diaz takes it just based on his physical advantages over Frankie. The reach disadvantage alone mean makes it a tough fight for Edgar.

I could see Frankie having some success though using the right game plan.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Nick's reach and boxing style would be too much for Frankie, even considering how safe and calculated Edgar can fight at times. Its much harder to stick and move when your opponent has a good reach on you and is a volume puncher.

Nick and Nate both take Frankie imo.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Nick and Nate both take Frankie imo.
    A lot of people would write off Nate against Frankie, but I see him giving Frankie a ton of problems. His standup would give him a ton of problems and he is very dangerous off his back. His boxing looked great against Gomi, I couldnt see Frankie ever doing that to Gomi.

Nick does not win this fight as he would pass out on the way to the cage he can't make 155 any more

Thread Information